Commercial building automation is the automatic centralized control system, which controls air conditioning, heating and ventilation, lighting and other systems of a building through a building automation system (BAS) or building management system.
The main objective of these systems include efficient operation of building systems, reduction in operating costs and energy consumption, improved occupant comfort, and improved life cycle of utilities. It improves management activities of the entire infrastructure through easy to use software interfaces, which can be accessed using portable electronic devices such as tablets and smart-phones irrespective of their physical location.
Growth in need for energy-efficient commercial buildings drives the market. In addition, technological advancement such as IoT in building automation system, adoption of various protocols of building automation as well as rise in demand for building automation within the small and medium sized buildings propel the growth of the market. However, lack of skilled labors, technical issues, and high cost of implementation limits the growth of this market. Furthermore, emergence of wireless commercial building automation system and favorable government initiatives is expected to provide numerous opportunities for the growth of the market.
The commercial building automation market is segmented on the basis of end user, product type, communication technology, and region. End user segment covered in this study include hospitals and healthcare facilities, airports, railway, office buildings, and retail and public assembly buildings.
Based on product type, the market is segmented into facility management systems, fire protection systems, security and access control systems, building energy management software, BAS services, and others. By communication technology, the market is bifurcated into wired technologies and wireless technologies. Based on deployment type, the market is classified into cloud and on-premise. Based on region, it is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
The commercial building automation market is dominated by key players such as Cisco Systems, Inc., Hubbell Incorporated, ABB Ltd, Honeywell International Inc., Robert Bosch GmbH, Johnson Controls International plc, Schneider Electric S.E., Ingersoll-Rand plc, Siemens AG, and United Technologies Corporation.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the global commercial building automation market in BFSI and current & future trends to elucidate the imminent investment pockets.
- Information about key drivers, restrains, and opportunities is provided.
- Porters Five Forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers and suppliers operating in the industry.
- The quantitative analysis of the global market from 2016 to 2023 is provided to determine the market potential.
Commercial Building Automation Market Key Segments:
By End User
- Hospitals and Healthcare Facilities
- Office Buildings
- Retail and Public Assembly Buildings
By Product Type
- Facility Management Systems
- HVAC Control Systems
- Lighting Control Systems
- Fire Protection Systems
- Fire Sprinklers
- Fire Alarms
- Sensors and Detectors
- Security and Access Control Systems
- Biometric Systems
- Video Surveillance Systems
- Building Energy Management Software
- BAS Services
By Communication Technology
- Wired Technologies
- Wireless Technologies
By Deployment Type
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East
Key Market Players Profiled In The Report
- Cisco Systems, Inc.
- Hubbell Incorporated
- ABB Ltd
- Honeywell International Inc.
- Robert Bosch GmbH
- Johnson Controls International plc
- Schneider Electric S.E.
- Ingersoll-Rand plc
- Siemens AG
- United Technologies Corporation