Commercial rotisserie equipment is used to roast meat by skewering it on a spit and supplying a fixed source of heat. This equipment offers a fast, safe, and clean cooking process. Rotisseries operate using a small electric motor that rotates product on a spit as moist, hot air circulates around foods and throughout the unit’s cavity. This rotation helps facilitate self-basting, while the equipment’s process and temperature create caramelization. Operations serving high volumes of customers during specific time frames, such as in schools or at banquets, may opt for a batch unit. These units may be a good fit for operations that hold food items throughout the day. Some rotisseries include standard rear fireplace burners with ceramic logs to simulate an open hearth. Heat emanates from infrared sources or the circulation of warmed air. Gas rotisseries tend to be larger and have longer spits than electric units. Although these types will have a larger capacity, operators need to consider that gas units will be heavier to load and may be more difficult to clean. Gas models that use a combination of wood and infrared gas burners/generators present operators another option. Some units generate heat from above, while others heat from below.
COVID-19 scenario analysis:
- COVID-19 pandemic has shut-down the production of various products in the global commercial rotisserie equipment industry, mainly owing to the prolonged lockdown in major global countries. This has hampered the growth of global commercial rotisserie equipment market significantly from last few months, as is likely to continue during 2020.
- COVID-19 has already affected the sales of equipment and machinery in the first quarter of 2020 and is likely to cause a negative impact on the market growth throughout the year.
- The major demand for equipment and machinery was previously noticed from giant manufacturing countries including the U.S., Germany, Italy, the UK, and China, which is badly affected by the spread of coronavirus, thereby halting the demand for equipment and machinery.
- Further, potential impact of the lockdown is currently vague and financial recovery of companies is totally based on its cash reserves. Equipment and machinery companies can afford a full lockdown only for a few months, after which the players would have to modify their investment plans.
- Equipment and machinery manufacturers must focus on protecting their workforce, operations, and supply chains to respond toward immediate crises and find new ways of working after COVID-19 infection cases start to decrease.
Top impacting factors: Market Scenario Analysis, Trends, Drivers and Impact Analysis
High profit margins in sales of rotisserie chicken have encouraged several end-users to include rotisserie food products in their food menu. This is expected to be a key factor driving the demand for commercial rotisserie equipment across the globe during the forecast period. Moreover, food service establishments are focusing on increasing their overall profit by introducing commercial rotisserie equipment models with higher capacity. Increasing adoption of self-cleaning commercial rotisserie equipment. Commercial batch rotisserie equipment provide more energy savings than other models. One major restraining factor for the growth of the commercial rotisserie equipment market is the growing trend of opting of vegetarian food as the newer generations grow more and more health conscious day by day. One great opportunity for the commercial rotisserie market is the growing volume of orders worldwide through online food aggregators or food delivery apps
The global commercial rotisserie equipment market trends are as follows:
Growing profits of rotisserie chicken businesses
The profits from rotisserie chicken business do not come from the sale of the cooked chicken itself but from sales of assorted supplementary complementary products. The most common characteristic of a rotisserie chicken sale is the fact that it is an impulse purchase with the main motivator for the consumer being the time and energy saved that would have otherwise been invested in cooking. The easiest explanation for this marketing strategy is that the negative profit margin for rotisserie chicken sales is compensated by the estimated increase in sales of other products, especially complements like coleslaw or potato salad included in a bundle deal. Costco, for example, willingly loses money on rotisserie chickens to stimulate the sales of other items. These additional items are priced at or above retail level, thus generating the opportunity for profit. This strategy is known in the marketing industry as a loss leader. By design, rotisserie equipment accessories and options include heavy-duty spits and baskets to hold fish or vegetables. Ovens with horizontal spits allow the co-mingling of various menu items.
Growing adoption of commercial rotisserie equipment with infrared burners
Use of infrared burners in commercial rotisserie equipment ensures high productivity. Rotisserie equipment with infrared burners require less cooking gas supply to reach the desired temperature level. Thus, adoption of commercial rotisserie equipment with infrared burners allows food service establishments to reduce food production costs; save fuel; and avoid food product from getting dried. Infrared burners are used in commercial rotisserie equipment to ensure that heat is evenly distributed across the equipment. This allows operators to produce a large amount of food products with consistent quality.
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the global commercial rotisserie equipment industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the global commercial rotisserie equipment market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the global commercial rotisserie equipment market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed global commercial rotisserie equipment market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Commercial Rotisserie Equipment Market Report Highlights
By Heat source
By Industry Vertical
Key Market Players
Hobart Corporation, Henny Penny, Hickory Industries, Inc., Rotisol, Alto-Shaam, Inc., The Vollrath Company LLC