Commercial web offset press is a technique used in printing press, which uses a roll of paper instead of sheets. The commercial web offset press is able to print more than one page at a time. It is generally used in large commercial projects. The web offset press includes two methods i.e. heat web offset and cold web offset press. The difference between them is in heat web offset process, the ink is dried rapidly by evaporation process while in cold web offset process, the ink is dried slowly by normal absorption process. The heat process is used in coating papers while the cold process is used in the newspaper production. The other applications of web offset press include the massive printing of magazines, brochures, catalogue and books.
COVID-19 Scenario analysis:
- The demand for the commercial web offset press is expected to decrease in the year 2020 due to lockdown imposed by the government.
- COVID-19 pandemic has shut-down the production of various products in the commercial web offset press industry, mainly owing to the prolonged lockdown in major countries globally. This has hampered the growth of the commercial web offset press market significantly since the last few months, as is likely to continue during 2020.
- COVID-19 has already affected the sales of equipment and machinery in the first quarter of 2020 and is likely to cause a negative impact on the market growth throughout the year.
- The major demand for equipment and machinery was previously noticed from giant manufacturing countries including the U.S., Germany, Italy, the UK, and China, which is badly affected by the spread of coronavirus, thereby halting the demand for equipment and machinery.
- Further, potential impact of the lockdown is currently vague and financial recovery of companies is totally based on its cash reserves. Equipment and machinery companies can afford a full lockdown only for a few months, after which the players would have to modify their investment plans.
- Equipment and machinery manufacturers must focus on protecting their workforce, operations, and supply chains to respond toward immediate crises and find new ways of working after COVID-19 infection cases start to decrease.
Top impacting factors: Market Scenario Analysis, Trends, Drivers and Impact Analysis
The increasing demand in the books, magazines and newspapers in various languages act as the growth driver for the web offset printing press market. Further, the increasing demand in the graphic application and other such applications in various industries has also created demand for the web offset printing press. In packaging industry, the demand for designing of tetra-packs and other packages act as the major growth driver for the commercial web offset printing presses market. Moreover, web offset press is comparatively cost effective and a much faster process than the sheet-fed offset presses as it doesn't use single sheet of paper for printing. The increasing demand in the advertising companies for printing brochures, templates and posters have created a positive impact in the growth of the commercial web offset presses market. Moreover, the medium and small scale manufacturers of commercial offset press in North America are using advanced press technology for creating a high demand in various industries and other commercial requirements. However, the high cost factor in commercial web offset presses and increasing digitization can hamper the growth of the market.
The global commercial web offset press market trends are:
New product launches to flourish the market
In 2019, Faridabad, India based web offset printing press company Ronald Group launched Ronald premium in its new design of web offset presses. This machine can print in large volumes and runs at a speed of 36,000 impression per hour. The company has also launched a digital web offset printing press machine, Presstek 34DI, which provides instant drying of ink. This is an advanced technology web offset printing press solution, which is cost-effective and creates high quality printing of images and content.
High demand from applications:
The web offset presses are most commonly used in the printing of newspaper, books, magazines, share forms, booklets, brochures, catalogue and other such applications as these are required in large volume. It is generally used where there is a requirement for printing on both sides of a paper. The web offset press is a very fast process and prints at speed of 900 meters per minute. The web offset process includes printing of the paper on the roll continuously without cutting and separating them. The modern web offset presses printing use heat-set process as it uses faster drying of inks through evaporation giving a glossy finish and high quality image print. In packaging industry, it is used for printing of graphically designed packages for the consumer durables. The web offset presses are difficult to substitute due to their unique printing technology and less time consuming feature.
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the commercial web offset press market along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the commercial web offset press market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the commercial web offset press market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed Market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Commercial Web Offset Presses Market Report Highlights
By End users
Key Market Players
DG press Service S B.V., Ronald Web Offset Pvt. Ltd., MHI ltd., KOMORI Corporation, John Roberts Company, Koenig & Bauer AG, Prakash Offset Machinery Private Limited, The Printers House (P) Ltd., Siemens AG, Walstead Group, Heidelberger Druckmaschinen AG