Communication Antenna Market Outlook – 2027
Communication Antenna is a transducer that transforms an RF (radio frequency) signal travelling on a conductor into an electromagnetic wave in free space depending on nature of operation. They are used on a large-scale in the telecommunication sector to fulfill needs of faster data transmission, optimized evolution data, and high speed downloading as it offers increased bandwidth with reduced interference enabling reuse of frequencies to achieve greater range.
In addition, it is used in the commercial sector to track shipments in e-commerce with RFID tracking systems technology as it is of low cost, is highly flexible, and easily-installable compared to wired counterparts and provides high security. These antennas are used in autonomous vehicles as well as in satellite communication, which drives the demand for RADAR as it helps in connecting remote inaccessible areas with easy network planning, owing to wireless software configuration of frequency and power.
Introduction of meta-materials technology into wireless arena fulfills need of integration of RFID (radio frequency identification) system in the IoT landscape, which implies that the communication antenna market share would undergo considerable growth in the coming years.
The global communication antenna market is segmented on the basis of type, coverage type, product type, technology, application, industry vertical, and region. Based on type, the communication antenna market is divided into wire antenna, aperture antenna, reflector antenna, lens antenna, microstrip antenna, array antenna, and others. In terms of coverage type, the market is categorized into directional, semi-directional, and omni-directional. On the basis of product type, the market is bifurcated into macro cells and small cells. Based on technology, the market is divided into MIMO, MISO, SIMO, and others.
In terms of application, the market is categorized into RADAR system, Wi-Fi System, connected vehicle, satellite tracking, radio astronomy, and others. On the basis on industry vertical, the market segregated into consumer electronics, aerospace & defense, IT & Telecommunication, automotive, industrial, healthcare, and others. Geographically, the market is analyzed across several regions such as North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Latin America, Middle East & Africa (LAMEA).
Top Impacting Factors
Rise in applications of communication antenna in smartphones such as increase in signal range, minimal interfering signals, facilitation of faster data transmission, and proliferation in use of satellite communication for full earth coverage fuels the communication antenna market growth. However, high cost and wear & tear of communication antennas cause problems to receive proper data and high complexity, which makes it difficult to diagnose, hence hampering the communication antenna market growth.
On the contrary, communication antenna is used in the defense sector for surveillance to help soldiers maintain direct contact with a base positioned over uneven terrain, track enemy vehicles, and drones over a large spectrum of frequencies, which boosts the communication antenna market revenue. Further, innovations in metal and alloy technologies to build antenna and large investments by governments to improve communication network infrastructure are expected to present new pathways to the communication antenna industry.
New Product Launches to Flourish the Market
Leading communication antenna market players adopted necessary steps to enhance growth momentum in 5G communications with a view to provide reliable end-to-end solutions for robust connections with both core and broadband networks. Development of performance of communication antenna over previous generation wireless technology is expected to generate more seamless beam coverage.
In March 2020, Comba Telecom Systems Holdings Ltd., leading solution and service providers of wireless and information communication system, announced hybrid beam antenna. It is one of the key antenna solutions complying with 5G network coverage environment and 4*4 hybrid structure for MIMO 700, 800, 1800, 2100, and 2600MHz.
This device can achieve frequency reuse without adding additional spectrum resources. Hybrid beam antenna provides high bandwidth, high antenna gains, and split sectors to support increase in demand for network of operators to create robust, comprehensive 5G network.
Surge in Use in Automotive and Industrial Applications
Regular hexagon broadband micro-strip antenna are mostly used in automobiles to facilitate intelligent vehicle-to-vehicle communication. It has a height of 3mm and is easy to be hidden on the roof of a vehicle to achieve Wireless Access in Vehicular Environments (WAVE).
In March 2020, Alpha Wireless, manufacturer of high-performance antenna solutions, announced AW3789, a canister antenna that can withstand wind loading stress associated with flag sizes up to 12ft*18ft. Antenna features multiple bands, hence supporting 4G and 5G applications with around 2m high for compact macro and cRAN applications.
The PIM rated AW3789 supports global deployments of low band of 600MHz to meet most stringent jurisdictional antenna limits and blends seamlessly into its surroundings. It covers all low bands 5, 12, 13, 26, 71 and BCO with frequency operating range from 617-894MHz/1710-2690MHz. The fully-integrated canister antenna is designed to accommodate applications to display flags in parks, business complexes, or on rooftops.
Key Benefits of the Stakeholders
- The study gives an analytical overview of the communication antenna market forecast with current trends and future estimations to determine imminent investment pockets.
- The report provides information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed communication antenna market analysis.
- The current communication antenna market trends are quantitatively analyzed.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
COVID-19 Impact Analysis
- China is the largest consumer and supplier of electronic components. In response to the COVID-19 crisis, prices of communication devices are tend to flatten, owing to shortage of products caused by halt in manufacture during the worldwide lockdown scenario. This disruption in demand-supply chain is anticipated to cause the communication antenna market shares to undergo moderate temporary shortfall, owing to travel restrictions on a global basis.
- In contrast to the related consumer electronics and semiconductor industry, the communication infrastructure industry is expected to be more buoyant with strategic investments made to support increased data traffic for remote working of organizations amidst COVID-19 pandemic. Demand for communication services has witnessed unprecedented rise during lockdown scenario, owing to necessity of students to attend virtual classrooms as well as governments to communicate on virus updates. Wireless digital services including telemedicine is expected to remain in high demand even after lockdown restrictions are lifted thereby ensuring strong growth in the communication antenna industry.
Questions Answered in the Communication Antenna Market Research Report
- Who are the leading players in the communication antenna market?
- What would be the detailed impact of COVID-19 on the communication antenna market size?
- What are the current trends that would influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Communication Antenna Market Report Highlights
By Coverage Type
By Product Type
By Industry Vertical
Key Market Players
Pulse Electronics Corp., Cisco Systems Inc., Alpha Wireless Ltd., Comba Telecom, Laird Technologies PLC, Qualcomm Inc., Murata Manufacturing Co. Ltd., Amphenol Corp., TE Connectivity Ltd., Molex