Companion animal postoperative pain management therapeutics is an important part of veterinary therapeutics. The pain which is post-operative is not addressed appropriately in animals, which leads to delayed healing and exaggerated stress in already sick animals. This pain in animals can be due to arthritis, surgeries, and cancer that are accompanied by aggression, loss of appetite, and reduced activity. The hindrance to the productivity of farm and pet animals is caused due to post-operative disorders. The research on lowering chronic pain in animals has made multiple options available to treat various causes of pain in animals that include pain medications, physical rehabilitation, acupuncture, laser therapy, and therapeutic massage.
COVID-19 scenario analysis:
The COVID-19 impact is straining the healthcare systems globally. The demand for healthcare facilities and healthcare workers may leave only a few healthcare systems to fulfill the growing demand during the pandemic situation. The COVID-19 pandemic cases are leading to direct or indirect contact between humans. Furthermore, COVID-19 has deteriorated the supply chain and has created shortage of animal health products such as nutritional feed as well as vaccines worldwide. The animal health industry has been impacted largely as many manufacturers in animal health industry are left with a significantly reduced workforce. Also, stringent government policies such as restrictions of import of raw materials from China are expected to hamper the animal health market. Due to the pandemic situation, many hospitals and veterinary clinics are overstocking the products.
Top impacting factors: Market Scenario Analysis, Trends, Drivers and Impact Analysis
The key factor affecting the industry includes the rise in pet surgical procedures mainly dental surgeries and orthopedic would help the industry grow in the coming years. The surge in companion animal ownership is anticipated to help the market grow. The surge in prevalence of the periodontal diseases would propel the market. The further growth in rising disposable income in the developed and the developing countries is anticipated to flourish the industry. However, the stringent regulations may hinder the market growth in the coming years.
New product advancements to flourish the market
In April 2019, Vetoquinol USA, a world-class developer of veterinarian-approved formulas for animal healthcare products, today announced the launch of its newest product called Flexprofen. Flexprofen is a generic, beef-flavored chewable tablet that contains carprofen, which is the most widely-used and clinically-proven non-steroidal anti-inflammatory (NSAID) used in veterinary medicine.
The product is high-quality and comparable to the leading brand name carprofen chewables that address symptoms of pain and inflammation typically associated with osteoarthritis. It can also be used to treat dogs with postoperative pain resulting from soft tissue and orthopedic surgeries.
In 2016, Aratana Therapeutics, Inc., a pet therapeutics company focused on the licensing, development and commercialization of innovative biopharmaceutical products for companion animals, announced the Company has made NOCITA (bupivacaine liposome injectable suspension) commercially available to veterinarians in the United States. The U.S. Food and Drug Administration's Center for Veterinary Medicine (CVM) approved Nocita as a local post-operative analgesia for cranial cruciate ligament surgery in dogs
Surge in mergers and acquisitions to boost the market
In April 2019, Elanco Animal Health announced that it had signed an agreement to acquire Aratana Therapeutics, a pet therapeutics company focused on developing and commercializing innovative therapeutics for dogs and cats, and developer of the first-of-its-kind canine NSAID for osteoarthritis, Galliprant.
Elanco has also signed a development and commercialization agreement with VetDC for Tanovea-CA1, the first U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) conditionally approved canine lymphoma treatment. The increase in the number of mergers and acquisitions helped in gaining the attention of the civilians and the health professionals and is anticipated to help the market gain maximum share during the forecast period.
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the global companion animal postoperative pain management therapeutics industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the global companion animal postoperative pain management therapeutics market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the global market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed global market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Questions answered in the companion animal postoperative pain management therapeutics market research report:
- Who are the leading market players active in the companion animal postoperative pain management therapeutics market?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in tasking further strategic steps?
Companion Animal Postoperative Pain Management Therapeutics Market Report Highlights
By Animal Type
Key Market Players
- Elanco, Elanco, Zoetis, Bayer AG, Dechra Pharmaceuticals, Merck Animal Health, Norbrook, Ceva Santé Animale