Percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI) is a non-surgical procedure in which a catheter or a stent is used to open narrowed blood vessels which are blocked by deposition of plaque. It is used to improve blood flow and decrease heart-related chest pain improving the patients condition.
Rise in incidences of heart diseases, diabetes, and coronary artery disease, development of advanced stents, and introduction of cost effective intervention devices drive the market for complex percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI). However, low number of heart specialty hospitals and limited availability of heart surgeons restrain the market growth. Moreover, introduction of advanced technologies within the percutaneous coronary intervention such as advanced silicone and polymer implants in the emerging nations such as China, Brazil, and India create opportunities for the market growth during the forecast period.
The complex percutaneous coronary intervention market is segmented on the basis of types of stents, surgery, and region. On the basis of stents, it is divided into drug-eluting stents (DES), bare metal stents, and bioresorbable stents. On the basis of surgery, it is classified into percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI), transcatheter aortic valve implantation (TAVI/TAVR), and trans-mitral valve implantation (TMVR). By geography, the market is analyzed across North America (U.S., Canada, and Mexico), Europe (Germany, UK, France, Italy, Spain, and rest of Europe), Asia-Pacific (Japan, China, India, Australia, South Korea, and rest of Asia-Pacific), and LAMEA (Brazil, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, and rest of LAMEA).
The key players in the market include Abbott Laboratories, Medtronic plc, Boston Scientific Corporation, B. Braun Melsungen AG, Biosensors International Group, Ltd., Biotronik SE & Co. KG, Terumo Corporation, Johnson & Johnson, Getinge AB, and St. Jude Medical.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the market with current trends and future estimations to elucidate the imminent investment pockets.
- It offers a quantitative analysis from 2016 to 2023, which is expected to enable the stakeholders to capitalize on prevailing market opportunities.
- Extensive analysis by product helps understand various types of surgeries used for the treatment of coronary intervention.
- Comprehensive analysis of all geographical regions is provided, which determines the prevailing opportunities.
- Key players are profiled and their strategies are analyzed thoroughly, which elucidates the competitive outlook of the global market.
Complex Percutaneous Coronary Intervention Market Key Segments:
- Drug-Eluting Stents (DES)
- Bare Metal Stents
- Bioresorbable Stents
- Percutaneous Coronary Intervention (PCI)
- Transcatheter Aortic Valve Implantation (TAVI/TAVR)
- Trans-Mitral Valve Implantation (TMVR)
"Note : The list of companies mentioned in the description is tentative in nature and may change after detailed analysis."
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of LAMEA