Composite preforms are essentially fibers of selected composition arranged in varying 2D and 3D forms to build the required shape. Nowadays composite preforms are preferred over the traditional materials, such as aluminum, steel, iron, and more, due to their low weight, high durability, and resistance to corrosion. Composite preforms find wide applications in global metallurgical, aerospace & defense, and heavy mechanical industries as they are the basic raw material to these industries and have high potential to be customized.
Aerospace followed by the automotive industry are expected to be the major consumers of composite preforms for the next five years. The requirement of all the end-user industries to obtain designs for higher efficiencies and reducing number of natural mineral deposits throughout the world are expected to majorly drive the market. However, strict industrial requirements and inability of certain composites to meet the technical requirements may hold back the market a bit. The emerging economies along with R&D projects of numerous space agencies such as NASA, ESA and ISRO provide excellent opportunities for composite preforms.
The report segments the composite preforms market on the basis of application, fiber type, product type, structure type, and geography. Based on application, it is classified into automotive, infrastructure, consumer goods, marine, medical, and aerospace & defense. Based on fiber type, it is bifurcated into carbon, glass and others. Based on product type, it is categorized into stitching, braiding, weaving, and knitting. Based on structure, it is divided into one-D, two-D, and three-D. Based on geography, it is studied across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
This report provides comprehensive competitive analysis of major market players, which include A&P Technology Inc., Bally Ribbon Mills Inc., SGL Kumpers GmbH, GE Aircraft Engines Holdings Inc., Baverische Motoren Worken AG, Toyota Motor Corporation, Sigmatex Limited, Pratt&Whiney Company, CFM International Inc., and Albany Engineered Composites Inc.
- This report provides an extensive analysis of the current trends and emerging estimations & dynamics in the composite preforms market.
- In-depth analysis of composite preforms market size is conducted and estimations for key segments between 2016 and 2023 are provided.
- Competitive intelligence (of leading manufacturers and distributors of composite preforms) helps understand the competitive scenario across the geographies.
- Global composite preforms industry analysis for factors that drive and restrain the growth of the market are provided.
- Composite preforms industry analysis is conducted by following key product positioning and monitoring the top competitors within the market framework.
- Composite preforms market share for all segments with respect to each geography is detailed in the report, which helps understand the trends in the industry at granular level.
- In depth analysis of composite preforms market share for each segment with respect to each country is also detailed in the report.
- Key market players are profiled and their strategies are analyzed thoroughly, which provide a competitive outlook of the composite preforms industry trends.
Composite Preforms Market Key Segmentation
- Consumer Goods
- Aerospace & Defence
By Fiber Type
- Others (Aramid and Cellulosic)
By Product Type
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (KSA)
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA
*Other players in the value chain, include
- Wanyou New Materials Technology Co Ltd.
- Renco Corporation
*Profiles of these players are not included in the report, but can be included on request.
"Note : The list of companies mentioned in the description is tentative in nature and may change after detailed analysis."