Compound clotrimazole is a broad spectrum anti-fungal agent, which is used for the treatment of dermal infections. The ointment is majorly used for the topical treatment of candidiasis and tinea versicolor pityriasis versicolor. In addition, it is used in the treatment of dermal infections such as Athletes foot, crotch itch, and ringworm.
Increase in prevalence of fungal diseases is the major factor that drives the growth of the market. According to the estimates of Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), around 46,000 cases of invasive candidiasis occur per year in the U.S. In addition, rise in disposable income and increase in awareness of fungal infections among population are anticipated to boost the market growth. However, government regulations related to the safety and efficacy of the compound clotrimazole ointment hinder the market growth. Ongoing R&D activities related to compound clotrimazole ointment are anticipated to present new opportunities for the market.
The market is segmented on the basis of therapeutic indication, distribution channel, end user, and geography. Based on therapeutic indication, the market is categorized into candidiasis, tinea versicolor, and others. By distribution channel, it is classified into hospital pharmacies, retail pharmacies, specialty clinics, and e-commerce. According to end user, it is bifurcated into adult and pediatric. The geographical breakdown of each of the aforesaid segment is covered for North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the global compound clotrimazole ointment market with current trends and future estimations to elucidate the investment pockets.
- Comprehensive analysis of factors that drive and restrict the growth of the market is provided.
- The report provides a quantitative analysis to help the stakeholders to capitalize on prevailing market opportunities.
- Extensive analysis of different segments facilitates to understand various products of the market.
- Key players are profiled and their strategies are analyzed thoroughly, which predict the competitive outlook of the market.
Compound Clotrimazole Ointment Market Key Segment:
By Therapeutic Indication
- Tinea Versicolor
By Distribution Channel
- Hospital Pharmacies
- Retail Pharmacies
- Specialty Clinics
By End User
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East
List of players profiled in the report
- Cadila Pharmaceuticals Limited
- Merck & Co. Inc.
- GlaxoSmithKline Plc.
- Alves Health Care Pvt. Ltd.
- Aidance Skincare & Topical Solutions, LLC
- Capital Pharmaceutical
- Shanghai Songhua Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.
- Karnataka Antibiotics & Pharmaceuticals Limited (KAPL)
- Candor Biotech Ltd.
- Helax Healthcare