Compound Semiconductor Market Overview:
Global Compound Semiconductor Market was valued at $66,623 million in 2016, and is expected to reach $142,586 million in 2023, growing at a CAGR of 11.3% from 2017 to 2023. A compound semiconductor is composed of two or more elements. Various compound semiconductors can be obtained by changing the combination of constituent elements. Based on these compositions, various compound semiconductor devices with a variety of functions and characteristics have been developed.
Increase in demand for optoelectronic device, compound semiconductor’s significant features, such as less power consumption, low price, and reduced heat dissipation, are some of the key factors driving the market growth. However, this technology is much more primitive when compared to silicon, which is a restraint for the market. Rise in usage of optical devices, photovoltaic cells, and modules & wireless communication products is expected to provide attractive opportunity for the compound semiconductor market.
The IV-IV compound semiconductor segment accounted for the highest market share of more than 25% in 2016.
The chemical vapor deposition (CVD) segment dominated the global market, owing, to the growing demand for semiconductor devices used in electronic products such as, consumer electronics, industrial equipment, automotive, and healthcare equipment. The power semiconductor segment generated the highest revenue in 2016, This is attributed to increase in need for efficient energy management in high-voltage power electronics, such as in solar inverters and hybrid vehicles, fuel the demand for compound semiconductors power devices.
Asia-Pacific is expected to dominate the compound semiconductor market during the forecast period due to the established semiconductor & electronics industry in China & India and increase in adoption of compound semiconductor devices in automotive & transportation industries. Moreover, technological advancement and owing to rise in investment in aerospace & defense and IT & telecommunication industries are expected to boost the North America market growth.
The competitive analyses and profiles of major market players, such as Cree Inc., International Quantum Epitaxy PLC., Freescale Semiconductor Inc., LM Ericsson Telefon AB, Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company Ltd., Renesas Electronics Corporation, Texas Instruments, Inc., STMicroelectronics NV, Infineon Technologies AG, and Toshiba Corporation are provided in this report.
Top Impacting Factors
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the global compound semiconductor market to elucidate the prominent investment pockets.
- Current trends and future estimations are outlined to determine the overall market potential and single out the profitable trends to gain a stronger foothold in the market.
- The report provides information about key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with their impact analyses.
Compound Semiconductor Market Key Segments:
- III-V Compound Semiconductors
- Gallium Nitride (GAN)
- Gallium Phosphide (GAP)
- Gallium Arsenide (GAAS)
- Indium Phosphide (INP)
- Indium Antimonide (INSB)
- II-VI Compound Semiconductors
- Cadmium Selenide (CDSE)
- Cadmium Telluride (CDTE)
- Zinc Selenide (ZNSE)
- IV-IV Compound Semiconductors
- Silicon Carbide (SIC)
- Silicon Germanium (SIGE)
- Aluminum Gallium Arsenide (ALGAAS)
- Aluminum Indium Arsenide (ALINAS)
- Aluminum Gallium Nitride (ALGAN)
- Aluminum Gallium Phosphide (ALGAP)
- Indium Gallium Nitride (INGAN)
- Cadmium Zinc Telluride (CDZNTE)
- Mercury Cadmium Telluride (HGCDTE)
By Deposition Technology
- Chemical Vapor Deposition (CVD)
- Metal Organic Chemical Vapor Deposition (MOCVD)
- Molecular Beam Epitaxy (MBE)
- Metal Organic Molecular Beam Epitaxy (MOMBE)
- Hydride Vapor Phase Epitaxy (HVPE)
- Liquid Phase Epitaxy (LPE)
- Atomic Layer Deposition (ALD)
- NA-FLUX LPE
- Power Semiconductor
- High Electron Mobility Transistors (HEMTs)
- Metal Oxide Semiconductor Field Effect Transistors (MOSFETs)
- Metal Semiconductor Field Effect Transistors (MESFETs)
- Integrated Circuits (ICs)
- Monolithic Microwave Integrated Circuits(MMICs)
- Radio Frequency Integrated Circuits (RFICs)
- Diodes & Rectifiers
- PIN diode
- Zener Diode
- Schottky Diode
- Light Emitting Diode
- ICT Sector
- Signal Amplifiers & Switching Systems
- Satellite Communication
- Aerospace & Defense
- Combat Vehicles
- Ships & Vessels
- Microwave Radiation
- Industrial and Energy & Power
- Smart Grid
- Wind Turbines & Wind Power Systems
- Photovoltaic Inverters
- Motor Drives
- Consumer Electronics
- Inverters in Consumer
- LED Lighting in Consumer
- Switch Mode Consumer Power Supply Systems
- Electric Vehicles & Hybrid Electric Vehicles
- Automotive Braking Systems
- Rail Traction
- Automobile Motor Drives
- Implantable Medical Devices
- Biomedical Electronics
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East
- Cree Inc.
- International Quantum Epitaxy Plc.
- Freescale Semiconductor Inc.
- LM Ericsson Telefon AB
- Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company Ltd.
- Renesas Electronics Corporation
- Texas Instruments, Inc.
- STMicroelectronics NV
- Infineon Technologies AG
- Toshiba Corporation
The other players in the value chain include (profiles not included in the report)
- Mining & Chemical Products Ltd.
- Umicore Indium Products
- United Mineral & Chemical Corp