Compound semiconductors are the materials not available naturally and formed combining elements from at least two different groups in the periodic table, synthesized using deposition technologies. Compound semiconductors have unique properties such as high band gap, enhanced frequency handling feature, high operational temperatures, along with high current and voltage holding requirements apart from ability to generate microwave signals. These properties make them uniquely different from other elemental semiconductors such as Si and Ge, offering a host of advantages in industrial applications.
The widespread applications of Gallium Nitride and GaN electronics and the demand of different automotive electronics in APAC region are key drivers for the growth of the market. The demand for optoelectronics devices and wireless communication technologies along with the rise of photovoltaics in APAC region is a key factor boosting the growth of the market. The evolution of GaAs compliant technology & products in Japan is a major factor driving the growth of the market. The increasing volumes of data transactions lead to increasing demand of compound semiconductors in the communication segment, which is a key factor driving the growth of the market. The concerns for compatibility issues related to the high-end materials like silicon is a key restraining factor hampering the growth of the market. The deployment of GaN in smart grid and the constraints faced by silicon semiconductors are the factors that will provide ample growth opportunities to the market. Making improvements in quality and ascertaining consistency of products are the winning imperatives used by key market players to gain a stronghold in the market.
The report segments the market on the basis of material types, deposition technology, application and geography. On the basis of material types, the market is segmented into III-V compound semiconductors market, II-VI compound semiconductors market, sapphire, IV-IV compound semiconductors market and other. The III-V compound semiconductors market is further segmented into Gallium Nitride (GAN), Gallium Phosphide (GAP), Gallium Arsenide (GAAS), Indium Phosphide (INP) and Indium Antimonide (INSB). The II-VI Compound Semiconductors Market is further segmented into Cadmium Selenide (CDSE), Cadmium Telluride (CDTE), and Zinc Selenide (ZNSE). IV-IV compound semiconductors market is further segmented into Silicon Carbide (SIC) and Silicon Germanium (SIGE). Other compound semiconductors market segments on the basis of types include Aluminum Gallium Arsenide (ALGAAS), Aluminum Indium Arsenide (ALINAS), Aluminum Gallium Nitride (ALGAN), Aluminum Gallium Phosphide (ALGAP), Indium Gallium Nitride (INGAN), Cadmium Zinc Telluride (CDZNTE) and Mercury Cadmium Telluride (HGCDTE). On the basis of deposition technology, the market is segmented into Chemical Vapor Deposition (CVD), Molecular Beam Epitaxy (MBE), Metal Organic Molecular Beam Epitaxy (MOMBE), Hydride Vapor Phase Epitaxy (HVPE), ammonothermal, Liquid Phase Epitaxy (LPE), Atomic Layer Deposition (ALD) and others. On the basis of products, the market is segmented into power semiconductor, transistors, integrated circuits (ICS). The ICS is further segmented into monolithic microwave integrated circuits (MMICS) and radio frequency integrated circuits (RFICS). On the basis of applications, the market is segmented into ICT sector, aerospace and defense applications, and industrial, power, solar, & wind applications, consumer electronics, automotive and medical. ICT SECTOR is further segmented into signal amplifiers and switching systems, satellite communication applications, radar applications and RF. aerospace and defense applications is further segmented into combat vehicles, ships & vessels and microwave radiation. Industrial, power, solar, and wind applications is further segmented into wind turbines and wind power systems. Consumer electronics is further segmented into inverters in consumer applications, LED lighting in consumer applications and switch mode consumer power supply systems. Automotive applications are further segmented into Electric Vehicles and Hybrid Electric Vehicles (HEVS), automotive braking systems, rail traction, automobile motor drives, medical applications, implantable medical devices and bio-medical electronics. On the basis of geography, the market is segmented into Americas, Europe, Asia-Pacific and Rest of the World (ROW). Americas region is further segmented into North America & South America.
Key market players profiled in the report include Cree Inc., International Quantum Epitaxy PLC, Freescale Semiconductor Inc., LM Ericsson Telefon AB and Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company Ltd., among others.
KEY BENEFITS FOR STAKEHOLDERS:
- The report provides a comprehensive analysis of current & future market trends and emerging avenues for the growth of the market globally.
- The report offers an overview of changing market dynamics in terms of fast turn-around analysis of stakeholders responses to recent industry policy changes and market trends.
- The report offers an insight into competitive landscape in terms of new technological developments, untapped segments, and value chain analysis.
- This report entails the detailed quantitative analysis of the current market and estimations through 2014 and 2020, which assists in identifying the prevailing market opportunities.
- Recent developments in government policies on various segments, such as SSL, in different countries are highlighted which will give the stakeholders insight into the regulatory framework.
- The report offers strategic analysis of financial status of key market players, and highlights market share of key vendors.
- The report offers information on the status of new projects along with offering investment feasibility analysis of the same.
COMPOUND SEMICONDUCTORS MARKET KEYSEGMENTS:
World Compound Semiconductor Market By Type
- III-V Compound Semiconductors
- Gallium Nitride (GAN)
- Gallium Phosphide (GAP)
- Gallium Arsenide (GAAS)
- Indium Phosphide (INP)
- Indium Antimonide (INSB)
- II-VI Compound Semiconductors Market
- Cadmium Selenide (CDSE)
- Cadmium Telluride (CDTE)
- Zinc Selenide (ZNSE)
- IV-IV Compound Semiconductors Market
- Silicon Carbide (SIC)
- Silicon Germanium (SIGE)
- Aluminum Gallium Arsenide (ALGAAS)
- Aluminum Indium Arsenide (ALINAS)
- Aluminum Gallium Nitride (ALGAN)
- Aluminum Gallium Phosphide (ALGAP)
- Indium Gallium Nitride (INGAN)
- Cadmium Zinc Telluride (CDZNTE)
- Mercury Cadmium Telluride (HGCDTE)
- III-V Compound Semiconductors
Compound Semiconductor Market By Deposition Technology
- Chemical Vapor Deposition (CVD)
- Metal Organic Chemical Vapor Deposition (MOCVD)
- Molecular Beam Epitaxy (MBE)
- Metal Organic Molecular Beam Epitaxy (MOMBE)
- Hydride Vapor Phase Epitaxy (HVPE)
- Liquid Phase Epitaxy (LPE)
- Atomic Layer Deposition (ALD)
- NA-FLUX LPE
Compound Semiconductor Market By Products
- Power Semiconductor
- High Electron Mobility Transistors (HEMTs)
- Metal Oxide Semiconductor Field Effect Transistors (MOSFETs)
- Metal Semiconductor Field Effect Transistors (MESFETs)
- Integrated Circuits (ICS)
- Monolithic Microwave Integrated Circuits(MMICS)
- Radio Frequency Integrated Circuits (RFICS)
- DIODES And RECTIFIERS
- PIN diode
- Zener Diode
- Schottky Diode
Compound Semiconductor Market By Applications
- ICT Sector
- Signal Amplifiers and Switching Systems
- Satellite Communication Applications
- Radar Applications
- RF Applications
- Aerospace and Defense Applications
- Combat Vehicles
- Ships and Vessels
- Microwave Radiation Applications
- Industrial, Power, Solar, And Wind Applications
- Smart Grid
- Wind Turbines and Wind Power Systems
- Photo-Voltaic Inverters
- Motor Drives
- Consumer Electronics Applications
- Inverters in Consumer Applications
- Led Lighting in Consumer Applications
- Switch Mode Consumer Power Supply Systems
- Electric Vehicles and Hybrid Electric Vehicles (HEVS)
- Automotive Braking Systems
- Rail Traction
- Automobile Motor Drives
- Medical Applications
- Implantable Medical Devices
- Bio-Medical Electronics
- ICT Sector
Compound Semiconductor Market By Geography
- North America
- South America
- Rest of The World