Oral and maxillofacial surgery poses a challenge for surgeons because of the limited field of view of the oral cavity and the anatomic complexity of the face & mouth. With the advancement in technology, computer-aided surgeries for oral and maxillofacial regions are now widely in practice. With the aid of a computer, the surgeon gets to have improved precision during the surgery. Computer-aided oral and maxillofacial surgery not only finds its uses for medical procedures but also for cosmetic procedures. This type of surgery can help cosmetic surgeons during various processes involved in facial surgeries such as shaping jawbones and fixing any facial misalignments in patients.
COVID-19 Impact Analysis
COVID-19 is an infectious disease that originated in the Hubei province of the Wuhan city in China in December, 2019. The highly contagious disease, caused by a virus, severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2), is transmitted from human to human. Since the outbreak in December 2019, the disease has spread to almost 213 countries around the globe with the World Health Organization declaring it a public health emergency on March 11, 2020.
Pharmaceutical and biotech companies together with governments around the globe are working to address the COVID-19 outbreak, from supporting the development of vaccines to planning for medicine supply chain challenges. Currently, around 115 vaccine candidates and 155 molecules are in the R&D pipeline. Moreover, commonly used drugs such as hydroxychloroquine have witnessed a dramatic surge in demand for the management of COVID-19. Such high demand for these drugs has presented huge opportunities for manufacturers of COVID-19 management drugs, as many developed countries are facing a shortage of these drugs. Thus, the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries are expected to witness significant growth in the future, owing to the demand for vaccines and treatment drugs for COVID-19.
With COVID-19, the supply chain of the material required to manufacture computer-aided oral and maxillofacial surgery devices has been disrupted in many countries. In addition, the market growth of computer-aided oral and maxillofacial surgery devices is also declining as the manufacturers of these devices have slowed down their production because of the pandemic. Therefore, COVID-19 is expected to have a significant impact on the computer-aided oral and maxillofacial surgery market.
Top Impacting Factors
The rise in prevalence of musculoskeletal and dental problems all across the world acts as one of the major drivers for the computer-aided oral and maxillofacial surgery market as patients are now open to technologically advanced surgeries.
In addition, patients also have their preferences growing towards minimally invasive surgeries as offered by computer-aided oral and maxillofacial surgery. This factor is also helping in the growth of the market.
With rise in consciousness regarding facial features and an increase in intraoral scanner utilization, patients tend to opt for different dental cosmetic surgeries, which can further propel the growth of the computer-aided oral and maxillofacial surgery market.
However, the high treatment cost associated with computer-aided oral and maxillofacial surgeries and the lack of reimbursements in health insurance can hinder the growth of the market during the forecast period.
Key Market Trends
North America has the largest share in the computer-aided oral and maxillofacial surgery market because of high awareness among patients, increased incidences of dental misalignments, and highly developed healthcare infrastructure.
In Asia-Pacific, computer-aided oral and maxillofacial surgery market is anticipated to grow at a high rate during the forecast period owing to the increase in geriatric population that often requires dental surgeries and implantations.
Major players of the computer-aided oral and maxillofacial surgery market have focused on mergers, acquisitions, and collaborations in order to serve a large customer base all across the world. These players are also trying to set their presence in developing countries of Africa.
With the assistance of computers, oral and maxillofacial surgeries have become more precise and accurate. This factor has helped reduce the reluctance of many patients undergoing any dental surgeries for medical or cosmetic reasons.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the computer-aided oral and maxillofacial surgery industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with a detailed analysis of the computer-aided oral and maxillofacial surgery market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the growth scenario of the computer-aided oral and maxillofacial surgery market.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers and suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed analysis depending on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in the coming years.
Questions Answered in the Computer-Aided Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Report
- Which are the leading players active in the computer-aided oral and maxillofacial surgery market?
- How is each segment of the market expected to grow during the forecast period?
- What are the adoption trends for the computer-aided oral and maxillofacial surgerymarket in emerging economies and established economies across the world?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities of the market?
- What future projections would help in taking further strategic steps in the market?
- What are the impacts of COVID-19 on the industry?
- What is computer-aided oral and maxillofacial surgery?
- What are the current and predicted trends of the market?
Computer-Aided Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Market Report Highlights
By Product Type
Key Market Players
Zimmer Biomet, Dentsply Sirona, Straumann AG, AMD Lasers, PLANMECA OY, BioHorizons IPH, Inc., A-DEC, Inc., B&D DENTAL TECHNOLOGIES, Biolase, Inc., Midmark Corporation