A computer on module (COM) is a collection of free electronic circuits packed onto a circuit board to give an essential capacity inside a PC. An illustration may be an inverter, which would require at least two transistors and a few extra supporting gadgets. Modules would be embedded into a chassis and after that wired together to deliver a larger logic unit. COMs are finished embedded computers based on a single circuit board.
An augmentation of the idea of System on Chip (SoC), COM lies between a full-up computer and a microcontroller. The design is centered on a chip with RAM, input/output controllers, and every single other component that will have a functional computer on one board. However, unlike a single-board computer, the COM often does not have the standard connectors for any input/output peripherals to be attached straightforward to the board.
Factors such as increased demand for fast product development, longevity, reliability of COMs, and its capability of multichannel retailing are some of the factors that will fuel the growth of the market. However, the overall market will be hindered by factors such as security and privacy concerns. The opportunity lies in the fact that the world is moving at a fast pace towards globalization and the rising demand for connected devices, including IoT have increased the need for servers at a global level.
The computer on module market is segmented into product type, standard, application, and geography. The product type is segmented into ARM architecture, x86 architecture, and power architecture. The standard is divided into COM express, SMARC, Qseven, ETX, and others. The application is divided into industrial automation, medical, transportation, gaming, communication, and others. The region wise divisions are North-America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA. The key players mentioned in the report are Aaeon, Advantech, Axiomtek, Congatec, Digi International, Kontron, MSC Technologies (Avnet), Olimex Ltd, Phytec, and Variscite.
- This report provides an extensive analysis of the current and emerging market trends, dynamics, and estimations for key market segments in the global computer on module market from 2017 to 2023.
- Exhaustive analysis of the market by product type, standard, and application helps understand the current trends in use and the variants that are expected to gain prominence in future.
- This report presents the competitive intelligence of the market to understand the competitive scenario across countries globally.
Computer On Module Market Key Segmentation:
By Product Type
- ARM (Advanced RISC Machines) Architecture
- x86 Architecture
- Power Architecture
- COM Express
- SMARC (Smart Mobile Architecture)
- ETX (Embedded Technology Extended)
- Industrial Automation
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East
- Digi International
- MSC Technologies (Avnet)
- Olimex Ltd