Concrete is a vital element in any kind of construction. Failure of concrete can lead to entire structure failure which can cause lot of damage to both human life and money. Usually, cracking, blistering, and delamination are the types of defects which occur due to low quality raw material, improper mixture of concrete, lack of skill in labor and use of improper techniques. Detection and detailed analysis of defects needs to be done to avoid these types of errors in a concrete structure. Detection of the concrete defects can be done by using infrared thermography and microwave imaging technique. Microwave imaging is a scientific technique which is used detects hidden objects inside the concrete surface by using electromagnetic waves. Infrared thermography uses a thermal camera for thermal imaging which detects the radiation of any objects. Since every object emits radiation above absolute zero temperature, it detects its presence irrespective of its visibility. Defects in concrete can be detected by both the methods, and once it is done, analysis can be done by knowing the type of defect. Petrographic technique is used for analyzing the defects. This helps in understanding the cause of defects and preparing the counter plan to avoid any further failure. It is used by both residential and commercial construction industry to avoid defects in structures.
COVID-19 Impact analysis
- COVID-19 pandemic has shut down the production of various products in the concrete defect analysis industry attributed to the lockdown in countries worldwide. This has hampered the growth of concrete defect analysis market in 2020 and, is likely to revive in 2021.
- COVID-19 has already affected the sales of concrete defect analysis in the second and third quarter of 2020 and is reviving in 2021.
- The major demand for concrete defect analysis was previously noticed from countries including the U.S., Germany, Italy, UK, and India, which are negatively affected by the spread of the corona virus, thereby declining the demand for concrete defect analysis.
- Further, potential impact of the lockdown is currently vague and financial recovery of companies is totally based on its cash reserves. Concrete defect analysts can afford a full lockdown only for a few months, after which the players have to modify their investment plans. For instance, various players in the market halted their production activities for several weeks to reduce the expenses. Whereas few players also adopted employee lay-offs to sustain during the COVID-19 health crisis.
- Concrete defect analysts are expected to focus on protecting their workforce, operations, and supply chains to respond toward immediate crises and find new ways of working after COVID-19. For instance, provision of sanitizers, maintaining social distancing, as well as ensuring the vaccination of every employee in the company can assist in promoting the health & safety of the workforce.
Top Impacting Factors
Rapid growth of construction industry is one of the key drivers in the growth of concrete defect analysis market2. Manufacturers are bound to keep the high pace of delivery to sustain in the competitive market due to rise in demand for housing sectors. In process of doing the same, there are chances of improper construction and lack of proper execution by labors. This may lead to defects in concrete structure and spoil the goodwill and brand value. There is an increase in the use of latest technologies such as infrared thermography and microwave technology to avoid such scenario. These techniques are very efficient and require less time to detect the flaws. Use of thermography and microwave technology helps in understanding the problems with visuals, which makes it easy to understand and decide the course of actions. These are the factors driving the growth of the concrete defect analysis market. High cost of infrared thermography and microwave imaging can hinder the growth of the concrete defect analysis market.
- Concrete defect analysis systems are majorly adopted by North America and Europe at a global level.
- Asia-Pacific is expected to witness high demand for concrete defect analysis due to rise in construction activities in countries like China, India, and Japan.
- It is preferred mostly by large scale construction projects such as dams and flyovers where cost of failure could be very high due to ability of providing visual of root cause.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the concrete defect analysis market along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the concrete defect analysis market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the concrete defect analysis market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides detailed concrete defect analysis market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Concrete Defect Analysis Market Report Highlights
By End User
Key Market Players
BASF Corporation, Fosroc International Limited, Kryton International Inc, Sika Group, KREISEL Technika Budowlana Sp. z o.o., Chemco International Ltd., Saint-Gobain Construction Products UK Limited, ARDEX Americas, Sphere Construction, MAPEI Corporation