Concrete is an important component in the construction industry. If the quality of the concrete is not good, then the structure or building that has been built by using the low-quality concrete will not be able to sustain under certain circumstances. To avoid this, concrete densification and polishing material is widely used in building constructions. These materials are produced as they offer various advantages, including safety to the building structures from different dangers such as damp and harsh climatic conditions. In addition, these materials provide resistance from abrasion and fire hazards.
COVID-19 scenario analysis:
- The demand for concrete densification and polishing material is expected to decrease in 2020 due to low demand from different industries, such as construction and agriculture, owing to the lockdown imposed by governments of many countries.
- Coronavirus has affected the import and export of construction materials. China is the largest exporter of construction materials globally. Negative trends in the economy of China are anticipated to reduce the global import and export across the globe.
- Demand for new construction materials has witnessed a massive negative shift since the coronavirus outbreak in December 2019, with manufacturers and investors fearing an excessively receding economic growth.
- Travel prohibitions across the globe have affected the trade of construction materials. Thus, the supply and demand for construction materials have almost halted across the globe.
- Construction material manufacturing companies located in China are the major sufferers of the outbreak, owing to lockdown and unavailability of logistics in the region.
- The major hindrance for the global construction materials market comes from the orders of home quarantine by respective governments, which led to the discontinuation of production of construction materials.
- Decreased consumer demand & consumption has led to reduction and slow down of sales of construction materials across the globe over the course of the current economic year.
- Therefore, the concrete densification and polishing material market is expected to be negatively affected in 2020.
Top impacting factors: Market scenario analysis, trends, drivers, and impact analysis
All companies in construction industry make use of concrete densification and polishing material in their construction project. Concrete densifier is a type of chemical, which is commonly used to fill the pores present on the concrete surface. By filling the pores, the surface density of concrete surface can be increased. These chemical densifiers can be used on both non-polished concrete surface and polished concrete surface. They help to reduce the wear of the surface and provide a dustless concrete surface. Chemical densifier on polished concrete surface provides better surface finish and prevents water leakage from the slab of the building; hence, sealing of the slab is not necessary. Concrete densifier and polishing material is widely used in the construction of residential as well as commercial buildings such as offices, shopping malls, restaurants, retail shops, and hospitals. Valleys and the peaks present on the surface are smoothened by using polishing. In addition, concrete that is strong in nature is utilized to avoid abrasion.
Various construction projects, such as residential and commercial, across the globe are increasing. Concrete densification and polishing material plays an important role in these construction projects as it provides resistance to abrasion and various other factors. This could be the key driving factor for the growth of the concrete densification and polishing material market.
The Asia-Pacific region is considered as one of the most important regions for the growth of the concrete densification and polishing market. In countries, such as India and China, many projects, such as shopping malls, hospitals, and residential buildings, are under construction. Therefore, the demand for concrete densifier is expected to rise in this region during the forecast period.
New product launch to boost the market
Many companies in the concrete densification and polishing market are trying to develop and introduce new products to the market. These products are more effective than the previous range of their products. For example, in May 2018, Lamba Techno Flooring Solutions Pvt. Ltd. launched Lyhic densifier. This densifier prevents whiting of the floor as it contains fewer amounts of metallic salts compared to the conventional silicate densifiers. In addition, it can be used for densification of the interior as well as exterior surfaces. Therefore, this densifier is widely used in the industry.
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the concrete densification and polishing material market along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the concrete densification and polishing material market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed concrete densification and polishing material market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Concrete Densification and Polishing Material Market Report Highlights
By Product Type
By End User
Key Market Players
The Euclid Chemical Company, Hilti, W.R. Meadows Inc, Changsha Honway Machinery Co., Ltd, TYROLIT, Bosch, Diamatic, Flowcrete Group Ltd., BLENDER GROUP S.A. DE C.V., Markham Global Ltd., LINAX Co., Ltd, WerkMaster, Concrete Earth, LATICRETE International, Inc, Canzac, KLINDEX