Conductive Silicone is carbon filled silicone materials with good sensing properties. Its electrical resistance is changeable by compression or deformation thus, its an eligible material for developing force or deformation sensors. The advantages of the electrically conductive silicone materials include flexibility, heat resistance, moisture resistance, low temperature processability, easier assembly, and their environmentally mild nature. Conductive silicone finds applications in wide-range of coating, printing, fastening and bonding applications.
In the world silicone conductive market, thermal interface material is the largest and fastest growing application. Currently, Asia-Pacific holds the largest share in the world silicone conductive market and is expected to remain so owing to growing electronic industry in the region. The global conductive silicone market is expected to register considerable growth in the near future due to increasing demand from the power generation & distribution, photovoltaic, and LED industry. Other factors that drive the market are continuous expansion & new product launch or development undertaken by the industries along with favorable regulatory policies such as FDI (foreign direct investment) & free trade agreement. However, factors such as increasing awareness for bio-based chemicals as a substitute is likely to restrain the market growth.
The report segments the conductive silicone market on the basis of type, application, end-use industries and geography. On the basis of type, the market is segmented into elastomers, resins, gels and others. According to the application, the market is classified into adhesives & sealants, thermal interface materials, encapsulants & potting compounds, conformal coatings and others. On account of end-use industry, the market is divided into telecommunication & IT, building & construction, entertainment, automotive, power generation & distribution, led, photovoltaic and other electronics. Geographic breakdown and deep analysis of each of the aforesaid segments is included for North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
Recent advancements in the market includes expansion of silicone elastomer production capacity by a major company Wacker in South Korea in June 2016. Moreover, in July 2016, a wearable finger prosthetic Identity that act as false fingerprint containing conductive silicones, was in news to avoid finger print theft created by a third-year student at the Rhode Island School of Design (RISD) in Providence, Wei.
Comprehensive competitive analysis and profiles of major market players such as Dow Corning Corporation, Wacker Chemie AG, Momentive Performance Materials Inc., Shin-Etsu Chemical Co. Ltd., KCC Corporation, Bluestar Silicones, Evonik Industries AG, Nusil Technology LLC, ACC Silicones Ltd. and Reiss Manufacturing, Inc. is also provided in this report.
KEY BENEFITS FOR STAKEHOLDERS:
- In-depth analysis has been done in this report by constructing market estimations for the key market segments between 2014 and 2022.
- Geographically, the conductive silicones market is analyzed based on various regions such as North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and LAMEA, along with analysis of major countries in each geographic region.
- This study evaluating competitive landscape & value chain has been taken into account to help in understanding the competitive environment across regions and prevailing opportunities.
- Comprehensive analysis of factors that drive and restrict the growth of the global conductive silicones market is provided, such as increasing demand in Asia-Pacific and favourable regulation policies will drive the market, however, direct substitution by biological chemicals is likely to be a major restraint of the market.
- Exhaustive analysis of the global conductive silicones market by type helps in understanding the kind of materials that are currently being used and the variants that would gain prominence in the future.
- Key market players within the conductive silicones market are profiled in this report and their strategies are analysed thoroughly.
CONDUCTIVE SILICONE MARKET KEY SEGMENTS:
- Glass wool
- Stone wool
- Phenolic foam
- Elastomeric foam
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Rest of LAMEA