A Conformal Coating is a protective chemical barrier or polymer film that defend circuit boards from harsh environment. They are applied as thin layers of few micro meters, to shield the circuitry against moisture, salt spray, dust, chemicals, and temperature extremes to avoid corrosion, mould growth and electrical failures. They found important applications in industries such as automotive, military, aerospace, marine, lighting, industrial and green energy applications. Due to rapid expansion of electronic industries, conformal coatings are finding ways in domestic and professional electronic devices. These coatings can be used on the surface via dipping, spraying or brushing.
The global conformal coating market is in its mature stage and thus, developing at a moderate pace. Asia-Pacific holds the largest share in the global conformal coatings market and is expected to witness highest CAGR during the forecast period. The global conformal coating market is expected to register moderate growth in the forecast period, due to increasing use for electronic components in automotive & consumer electronics sector. Other factors that are expected to drive the market is increasing demand for conformal coated products in aerospace & defense industry. Growing electricals & electronics industry in the Asia-Pacific region is expected to provide significant opportunities for the industry players.
The report segments the conformal coating market on the basis of type, end-use industry, and geography. On the basis of type, the market is segmented into silicone, acrylic, epoxy, urethane, parylene and others. According to the end-use industry, the market is classified into electronics, aerospace & defense, automotive & transportation, industrial, marine and other end-use industries. Geographic breakdown and deep analysis of each of the aforesaid segments is included for North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
Further advancements such as in June 2016, coating that allows user to hide information on their circuitry and provide environmental protection was developed by Electronic Coating Technologies, Brampton ON, Canada & in July 2016, Kingfield Electronics Ltd, UK invested in two high-definition digital inspection systems for conformal coating analysis which has contributed in improving quality of the coating & development of the market.
Comprehensive competitive analysis and profiles of major market players such as Henkel AG & Co. KGAA, Illinois Tool Works, Shin-Etsu Chemical Co., Ltd., DOW Corning, H.B. Fuller, Chase Corporation, Electrolube, Europlasma NV, MG Chemicals, Dymax Corporation and Kisco Conformal Coatings LLC is also provided in this report.
KEY BENEFITS FOR STAKEHOLDERS:
- This report provides an extensive analysis of the current and emerging market trends in the global conformal coating market.
- Geographically, the world conformal coating market is analyzed based on various regions such as North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and LAMEA, along with analysis of major countries in each region is mentioned.
- This study evaluating competitive landscape and value chain has been taken into account to help in understanding the competitive environment across the geographies.
- Comprehensive analysis of factors that drive and restrict the growth of the global conformal coating market is provided.
- The projections in this report are made by analysing the current trends and future market potential from 2014 to 2022 in terms of value and volume.
- Extensive analysis of the market is conducted by following key product positioning and monitoring the top competitors within the market framework
CONFORMAL COATINGS MARKET KEY SEGMENTS:
- Aerospace & Defense
- Automotive & Transportation
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA