Gym equipment connected to a software or application that records the workout of an individual and displays the data is called connected gym equipment. Connected gym equipment are set automatically, following an initial adjustment, to prevent incorrect and potentially harmful seating positions. Exercise station has a touch-operation screen, which displays the optimal sequence of movements. The equipment is connected to the internet and automatically transmits all training data to the trainers app. Thus, it helps to keep a track of workout goals, create personalized exercise plans, and record health history.
According to International Health, Racquet, and Sportsclub Association (IHRSA), in 2014, the number of fitness club memberships in the U.S. increased to 54.1 million, from 51.4 million in 2011. Rise in fitness consciousness and increase in level of health awareness is expected to significantly drive the connected gym equipment market. Improved lifestyle, coupled with rise in disposable income of individuals accelerates the market growth. However, high cost of connected gym equipment majorly restricts the market. Growth in fitness industry in Asia-Pacific is expected to open new avenues for the market players.
The report on the global connected gym equipment market exclusively focuses on type, end user, and geography. By type, the market is classified into cardiovascular training equipment, strength training equipment, and other equipment. Based on end user, it is categorized into residential, health clubs/gyms, and other commercial users. By geography, it is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
The major players profiled in this study include:
- Les Mills International
- Life fitness
- Draper Inc.
- IncludeFitness Inc.
- Paradigm Health & Wellness Inc.
- Johnson Health Tech Co. Ltd.
- Nautilus Inc.
- The report provides an in-depth analysis of the current trends, drivers, and dynamics of the global connected gym equipment market to elucidate the prevailing opportunities and potential investment pockets.
- It offers qualitative trends as well as quantitative analysis from 2016 to 2023 to assist stakeholders to understand the market scenario.
- In-depth analysis of the key segments demonstrates the products of connected gym equipment and its end user.
- Competitive intelligence of the industry highlights the business practices followed by key players across geographies as well as the prevailing market opportunities.
- The key players in the market are profiled along with their strategies and developments to understand the competitive outlook of the industry.
Connected Gym Equipment Market Key Segmentation:
- Cardiovascular Training Equipment
- Stationary bike
- Rowing machine
- Strength Training Equipment
- Other Equipment
By End User
- Health Clubs/Gyms
- Other Commercial Users
- Corporate Offices
- Hospitals & Medical Centers
- Public Institutions (Schools, Universities, and Others)
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of LAMEA