Business network mainly for logistics that enable hub operators and several others to monitor and manage traffic both within as well as towards the hub is termed as connected logistics. Furthermore, connected logistics also helps in establishing communication between all parties involved though they dont have direct relationship. Besides this, connected logistics also lowers emissions and environmental influence. On the other hand, it provides real time transparency into the progress of a transportation industry. Moreover, it automates the procedures for enhancing efficiency.
Internet ubiquity worldwide and growing affordability of internet of things components including RFID and sensors have contributed to the growth of the market to a greater extent. In addition, Big data and analytics platform has also been responsible for driving sales. Although the overall market of IoT is growing few companies are still reluctant to embrace IoT mainly in logistics either due to security concerns or lack of awareness about their benefits. This factor hampered connected logistics market growth to a greater extent. Owing to the proliferation of wearables, application as well as embedded sensors the future of the market looks robust.
The connected logistics market is segmented based on system, technology, device, service, transportation mode and geography. The systems discussed during the study consists of security and monitoring management system, logistics management system and warehouse management system. In addition, the technology covered in the market research report are Bluetooth, cellular, Wi-Fi, ZigBee, NFC and Satellite. Devices assessed during the study consists of gateways, RFID tags and sensor nodes. Services including freight 3PL services, system integration and professional services are also considered in the report. Furthermore, the transportation mode evaluated during the research are railways, seaways, airways and roadways. Regions such as North America, Europe, Asia -Pacific and LAMEA would experience tremendous growth in the future.
Prominent market players are also seen acquiring new companies or local market players to maintain their competitive edge. Other business strategies favored by the companies include constant upgradation, joint ventures and collaborations. The prominent market players active in the market are SAP, ThingWorx, SecureRF, Oracle, Zebra Technologies, GT Nexus, IBM, Cisco System, Inc., Eurotech S.P.A. and Securerf Corporation.
KEY BENEFITS FOR STAKEHOLDERS
- The market research report provides an integrated information on the major drivers, restraints and opportunities influencing the industry growth from 2014 to 2020.
- The study further drills down to produce data volume by components, end customers and demography.
- SWOT analysis of major brands, highlights weaknesses, strengths, opportunities and threats. The data proves effective for business owners planning on designing their marketing and branding strategies.
- Region wise business performance discussed in the market research report would be valuable for enterprises planning to explore new areas.
- The report not only examines the market dynamics but also takes a closer look at the growth rate and industrial chain structure.
- Study further weigh up on the prominent market players and what they are doing different to position their product in the already crowded marketplace.
- Assessment of upstream and downstream market also forms an important part of the report.
CONNECTED LOGISTICS MARKET KEY SEGMENTS
Connected Logistics Market By System
- Security and Monitoring Management System
- Logistics Management System
- Warehouse Management System
Connected Logistics Market By Technology
Connected Logistics Market By Device
- RFID Tags
- Sensor Nodes
Connected Logistics Market By Service
- Freight 3PL Services
- System Integration
- Professional Services
Connected Logistics Market By Transportation Mode
Connected Logistics Market Geography
- North America
- Asia -Pacific
- Zebra Technologies
- GT Nexus
- Cisco System, Inc.
- Eurotech S.P.A.
- Securerf Corporation