Connected (Smart) Street Light Market Outlook - 2027
Connected (Smart) street light refers to public street lighting, which adapts to movement by cyclists, pedestrians, and cars. It is also referred to as adaptive street lighting that brightens when movement is detected, but dims when no activity is detected. Smart street lighting systems are capable of identifying issues with maintenance and lighting failures in real time, allowing errors to be fixed in a time-bound manner, while ensuring higher service quality. This also removes the need for regular maintenance-related checkups.
However, rise in awareness of energy conservation and effective lighting techniques is attracting attention from players operating in the connected (smart) street light market. In addition, smart street lighting systems can send information to a centralized management system that controls various parameters such as voltage, light, current, and temperature.
The global connected (smart) street light market is segmented on the basis of component, connectivity, networking technology, application, industry vertical, and region. Based on component, the connected (smart) street light market is divided into hardware, software, and services. The hardware segment is further divided into light source - LED lamps, sodium vapor lamps and others, drivers and ballast, sensors, switches, and controllers.
Based on connectivity the connected (smart) street light market is divided into wired and wireless. On the basis of networking technology the market is divided into narrowband, medium band, and broadband. Based on application, the market is divided into traffic monitoring, environmental monitoring, and video surveillance. On the basis of industry vertical, the connected (smart) street light market is segregated into commercial, pharmaceutical, and others.
Top Impacting Factors
Street lights in various countries across the world are being upgraded with the energy-efficient and reliable LED lighting. Hence, the global market for connected street lights is anticipated to grow during the forecast period. In addition, the technological advances such as cloud computing is expected to provide lucrative opportunities for the market growth of connected street lights. Connected street lights have significantly increased capacity as opposed to conventional ones. Therefore, connected street lights have been widely adopted overcoming the disadvantages including setup complexities, operational hindrances, and high capital costs. In some developing and underdeveloped nations lack of support infrastructure hampers the connected street light market growth.
Rise of Smart Cities Anticipated to Drive the Connected (Smart) Street Light Market
Smart city initiatives across the globe is gaining immense popularity. Smart cities consists of the use of different digital technologies to improve device communication as well as performance. It enables to cut costs and make resource efficient use. Smart street lighting, equipped with embedded sensors and digital network, allows monitor city traffic and the air quality in this context.
In addition, the connected lights can also monitor availability of parking spaces and detect traffic congestion. Moreover, the camera-connected smart street lights is expected to improve road safety by minimizing the risk of accidents and crime. Hence, the emergence of smart cities during the forecast period is expected to drive the growth of the global smart street lighting market size.
Wireless Street Lights Expected to Rise Considerably During the Forecast Period
Wired street lights use programmable logic controller (PLC) which is better than a Bluetooth wireless communication module and it is the most secure communication module. However, the upfront cost of wired street light based on PLC is higher than smart street light systems which operates on a module for wireless communication. Therefore, the use of wireless street lighting is anticipated to increase significantly in the coming years
Furthermore, there is increase in implementation of connected street lights in urban areas, owing to growing government initiatives and increased development of smart cities. In addition, efficient lighting techniques and increased awareness of energy conservation is attracting attention from players operating in the connected street light market. Moreover, the market is being driven by development of wireless technologies and sensors in the smart lighting sector. As demand for greener strategies that would support sustainable development around the world is rising, the market is witnessing huge growth.
Key Benefits of the Report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the global connected (smart) street light industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the global connected (smart) street light market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the global connected (smart) street light market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed global connected (smart) street light market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
COVID-19 Scenario Analysis:
- Global connected (Smart) street light market has been significantly impacted by the COVID-19 outbreak. New projects throughout the world have stalled, which, in turn, have led to decline in demand for analog semiconductors.
- Global factories have struggled to integrate new methods as workers have stayed in their homes, which disrupted the global supply chains.
- The impact of COVID-19 on this market is temporary as just the production and supply chain is stalled. Once the situation improves, production, supply chains, and demand for connected (Smart) street light market forecast are gradually going to increase.
- This COVID-19 lockdown would help companies think about more advanced connected (Smart) street lights to enhance efficiency.
Questions Answered in the Connected (Smart) Street Light Market Research Report:
- Which are the leading market players active in the connected (smart) street light market size?
- What would be the detailed impact of COVID-19 on the market?
- What current trends would influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the connected (smart) street light market trends?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Connected (Smart) Street Light Market Report Highlights
By Networking Technology
Key Market Players
EnGo Planet, Citelum, General Electric Company, Philips Lighting (Signify Holding), Twilight Citelum S.A., Cisco Systems, Inc., LED Roadway Lighting Ltd., DimOnoff Inc., Echelon, LonMark International,