Connected worker technology is a combination of software, network, and hardware that enables the frontline workers to be in connection with their supervisor or fellow employees working in another location. It enables workers to show their view points, data and dashboards as per the requirement through remote connection. Connected worker enables the communication verbally as well as visually. It also facilitates the workers to share the data through centralized database which helps in getting the real time data and decision making based on the situation. Hardware is one of the components which can be sub-segmented into smart eyewear, hearing protection, smart head gear, and mobile devices. Similarly software can be sub-segmented into workforce analytics, mobile learning and workforce task management. Consulting, training, and implementation are the types of services provided by connected worker market. Work deployment of the connected worker market can be on premise or on cloud.
COVID-19 Impact analysis
- COVID-19 pandemic has shut down the production of various products in the connected worker industry attributed to the lockdown in countries worldwide. This has hampered the growth of connected worker market in 2020 and, is likely to revive in 2021.
- COVID-19 has already affected the sales of connected worker in the second and third quarter of 2020 and is reviving in 2021.
- The major demand for connected worker was previously noticed from countries including the U.S., Germany, Italy, UK, and India, which are negatively affected by the spread of the corona virus, thereby declining the demand for connected worker.
- Further, potential impact of the lockdown is currently vague and financial recovery of companies is totally based on its cash reserves. Connected worker manufacturers can afford a full lockdown only for a few months, after which the players have to modify their investment plans. For instance, various players in the market halted their production activities for several weeks to reduce the expenses. Whereas few players also adopted employee lay-offs to sustain during the COVID-19 health crisis.
- Connected worker manufacturers are expected to focus on protecting their workforce, operations, and supply chains to respond toward immediate crises and find new ways of working after COVID-19. For instance, provision of sanitizers, maintaining social distancing, as well as ensuring the vaccination of every employee in the company can assist in promoting the health & safety of the workforce.
Top Impacting Factors
There is an increase in the demand for connected worker due to surge in demand for achieving higher efficiency and productivity in industries such as manufacturing and mining. Factors such as regulations and norms related to safety of workers and labor are the usual concerns for the owners, which can be eliminated by connected workers. Connected workers enhance the work efficiency without compromising the safety of the labors. These are the key factors driving the growth of the connected worker market at a global level. In addition, need of streamlined operations, use of mobile devices, and digitization are the factors fostering the growth of the connected worker market. Lack of awareness about the connected worker market is one of the factors which can hamper the market growth.
- Supply chain digitalization is integrated with connected worker solutions, which is boosting the growth of the connected worker market. Industrial internet of things is getting implemented for the better efficiency which is a new trend.
- Healthcare is one of the major consumers of the connected worker market. For example, Fit Bit is used by healthcare for monitoring their chronic condition.
- Market of connected worker witnessed a boom during the COVID-19 lockdown, where, to sustain in the market; almost every industry provided remote access to workers for smooth running of business.
- To promote the growth of the connected worker market, merger and acquisition are done by the owners. For example, North Star Bluescope has partner with IBM for IBM’s internet of things.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the connected worker market along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the connected worker market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the connected worker market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides detailed connected worker market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Questions answered in the Connected Worker Markets Report
- Who are the leading global players in the connected worker market?
- What are the current trends and predicted trends?
- What is connected worker?
- What is connected worker market prediction in the future?
- What are the challenges faced in the connected worker market?
- What are the driving factors and opportunities in the connected worker market?
- What are the key benefits of the connected worker market report?
Connected Worker market by Component Report Highlights
By Work Deployment
By End User
Key Market Players
Zebra Technologies, Honeywell International Inc., Avnet, Inc., Fujitsu Ltd., Wearable Technologies Limited, Vandrico Solutions Inc., Oracle Corporation, Accenture, Smart Track S.R.L., 3M Company