Construction chemicals are specialty chemicals used in residential, infrastructure, and industrial construction. They relay the additional protection against environmental conditions, which leads to reduction in the quantity of the raw material required and also helps in increasing the structural strength and life of the construction projects. Concrete admixtures and water proofing & roofing chemicals occupy majority share of the construction chemicals market. Similarly, residential and infrastructure dominated the end-use applications market in the year 2015. The major construction chemical types include concrete admixtures, waterproofing & roofing, repair, flooring, and sealants & adhesives.
Rising construction activities in the emerging economies and the growing trend of urbanization drive the world construction chemicals market value to grow with an estimated CAGR of 7.4% during the forecast period. Change in preference from simple homes to luxurious homes that provide a wide range of facilities, such as resistance from fire, heat, corrosion, and waterproofing facility, which can be achieved by using various construction chemicals during the building of structures, further supplements the growth. However, in developing countries, such as China and India, there is lack of knowledge on benefits of construction chemicals, thus limiting its use on a large scale. This is the major factor that hinders the construction chemicals market growth rate. Established infrastructure in various developed economies of North America and Europe restricts the growth of the market.
The world construction chemicals market is segmented based on type, application, and geography. The type segment is divided into concrete admixtures, waterproofing & roofing, repair, flooring, sealants & adhesives, and others, where each type has its significant performance properties. By application, the market is bifurcated into residential, industrial/commercial, infrastructure, and repair structures. Geographically, it is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
In April 2016, BASF started the production of “MasterSeal,” a waterproofing solution under construction chemicals division at its plant located in Podolsk district, Russia. Similarly, other key players are also actively involved in expansion and product launch strategies. The key players profiled in world construction chemicals market include BASF SE, Sika AG, W.R. Grace & Company, The DOW Chemical Company, RPM International Inc., Arkema S.A., Pidilite Industries, Ashland Inc., Fosroc International Ltd., and Mapei S.p.A.
Key Market Benefits:
- The report provides a quantitative analysis of the current market trends and future estimations from 2015 to 2022, which assists in identifying the prevailing market opportunities.
- The projections in the report are based on the current market trends and future market potential.
- A comprehensive analysis of the geographic regions helps in determining the prevailing opportunities in these regions.
- Porter’s Five Forces model and SWOT analysis of the industry illustrate the potency of buyers and sellers.
- Exhaustive analysis of the world construction chemicals market by type helps in understanding the varieties of chemicals that are currently being used and that are likely to gain prominence in the future.
- Key market players within the construction chemicals market are profiled and their strategies are analyzed thoroughly, which help in understanding the competitive outlook of the world construction chemicals market.
CONSTRUCTION CHEMICAL MARKET KEY SEGMENTS:
- Concrete Admixtures
- Water Proofing & Roofing
- Sealants & Adhesives
- Repair Structures
- North America