Consumer healthcare deals with products in wellness, oral health, nutrition, and skin health. Consumer healthcare products mainly constitute over-the-counter (OTC) drugs that include medicines, which are sold directly to a consumer without a prescription from a healthcare professional.
The major factors that contribute to the growth of the consumer healthcare market include high demand for self-medication, growing healthcare costs, increasing geriatric population who are more prone to contracting diseases, deterioration in mental health, and shift from medication prescription to OTC products. Moreover, the approval of wellness & preventive medicine and a rise in disposable income further boosts the market growth. However, stringent governmental regulations and the presence of counterfeit pharmaceuticals restrain the market. On the contrary, development & accelerated use of online sources, along with the increasing demand for branded products, private labels, and OTC generics will further provide numerous opportunities in the near future.
The global consumer healthcare market is segmented on the basis of products, distribution network, and region. Based on product, it is bifurcated into OTC pharmaceuticals and dietary supplements. On the basis of distribution network, the market is categorized into departmental stores, independent retailers, pharmacies or drugstores, specialist retailers, and supermarkets or hypermarkets. Geographically, the market has been analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
The key players that operate in this market include Johnson & Johnson, Sanofi, Pfizer Inc., Abbott Laboratories, GlaxoSmithKline plc, Boehringer Ingelheim GmbH, Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd., Bayer AG, Amway, and BASF SE.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the global consumer healthcare market with current trends and future estimations to elucidate imminent investment pockets.
- The report provides information about the current and upcoming trends in the global consumer healthcare market from 2016 to 2023, which helps determine prevailing opportunities.
- Comprehensive analysis of factors that drive and restrict the growth of the global consumer healthcare market has been provided.
- Identification of factors that are instrumental in changing the market scenario, rise in opportunities, and identification of key companies that can influence this market on a global and regional scale have been provided.
- Key market players within the market have been profiled in this report and their strategies thoroughly analyzed, which help understand the competitive outlook of the global consumer healthcare market.
Consumer Healthcare Market Key Segments:
- OTC Pharmaceuticals
- Dietary Supplements
By Distribution Network
- Departmental Stores
- Independent Retailers
- Pharmacies or Drugstores
- Specialist Retailers
- Supermarkets or Hypermarkets
"Note : The list of companies mentioned in the description is tentative in nature and may change after detailed analysis."
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA