Container Market Outlook - 2027
The rising globalization and industrialization have paved the way for the container market. A container is a closed steel box packaging mechanism which is used across different application. The primary use of containers is to store and transport materials and products efficiently and with safety. Moreover, the containers are widely available in different size according to the end application. The containers are engineered to withstand the stresses of shipping to facilitate handling of material. The material used for container is usually aluminum or steel due to its high strength properties. Increase of sea borne trade and growth of e-commerce sector is favoring the demand for container market.
COVID-19 scenario analysis:
- Due to Coronavirus (COVID-19), the worldwide governments are taking necessary precautionary measures.
- Besides, the novel coronavirus outbreak is having an impact on the logistics industry and is set to cause more disruptions.
- However, many sectors operation are running like essential services have been exempted from restriction laid by governments.
- Additionally, rising social distancing norms is increasing the demand for e-commerce sector. For instance, Walmart has achieved all time high downloads in the U.S. during the pandemic period. As a result, the rising e-commerce sector is fueling the container market.
Top impacting factors: market scenario analysis, trends, drivers and impact analysis
Rise in trade activities and development of supply chain and logistics sector is primarily driving the container market. Additionally, increasing trend for containerization of goods for enhanced security is propelling the demand for container market. Besides, advancements in containers according to the demanding application from various sector is proliferating the container market growth. Moreover, rising need of container to transport vehicles is fueling the container market. However, fluctuation in transportation cost and introduction of more efficient packaging solutions at cheaper costs is restraining the container market. Furthermore, expansion of production facilities is bolstering the container market growth.
The container market trends are as follows:
Innovation to drive the market growth
The rising demand for container manufacturing industry is increasing with expansion of trade activities. As a result, the need for innovation is a necessity to fulfil the demand from various sectors. Additionally, introduction in IoT and outline of industry 4.0 has brought revolutionary changes in container segment. The manufacturers are thereby developing various platforms for fulfilling these demands. For instance, in 2017, Arviem launched real-time container monitoring and tracking services. Accordingly, improvement in security is essential in container. To fulfil the security needs, Princeton Identity created a multi-biometric access control system for container in 2018.
Rising demand for refrigerated containers
A refrigerated container is an enclosed unit engineered to transport goods at specific temperatures. The container needs external power for operation. They look almost identical to regular containers but function as large refrigerators that can control the temperature of their goods. The development of global supply chain and growth of cold chain logistics is primarily driving the market of refrigerated containers. In 2020, Maersk delivered 1,800 empty refrigerated 40-foot containers to South Africa to support the nation’s agricultural sector.
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the container industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed container market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Questions answered in the container market research report:
- What are the leading market players active in the container market?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Container Market Report Highlights
By Container size
By Product Type
By End use
Key Market Players
DCM Hyundai, CEC, TLS Offshore Containers International, Daikin Industries, Maersk Container Industry, W&K Container Inc, YMC Container Solutions, Singamas, CIMC, CXIC