Container Terminal Automation Market Outlook – 2027
Container terminal automation facilitate transshipment of loaded containers between different transport vehicles via automated machinery by using container handling equipment. Container terminal automation enhances its capabilities by utilizing real time data procurement and advanced software to empower further transportation of stocks. Container terminal automation involves minimum human intervention by using software, hardware and terminal operating systems. This helps in reducing human errors like lack of attention, lack of skill and inconsistent performance. Innovations in the electronic systems and IoT technology will pave the way for better and improved container terminal automation. The global container terminal automation market size is experiencing a significant growth, and is expected to grow considerably in next few years.
The global container terminal automation market is segmented on the basis of AutomationType, Project Type, and Offering. Based on Type, the Container Terminal Automation Market is divided into Semi-Automatic and Fully Automatic. On the basis of Project Type, the market is categorized into Greenfield and Brownfield and others. Offering into Software, Services, and Equipment Geographically, the market is analyzed across several regions such as North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Latin America, Middle East & Africa (LAMEA).
Key players operating in the global container terminal automation industry include Identec solutions AG, ABB, KonecranesOyj, Camco technologies, CyberLogitecCo.Ltd, Liebherr Group, CargotecOyj, ZPMC, Orbcomm, Kunz, and others. These companies have adopted several strategies such as product launches, partnerships, collaborations, mergers & acquisitions, and joint ventures to strengthen their foothold in the global market.
COVID-19 scenario Analysis:
- Global container terminal automation market has been significantly impacted by the COVID-19 outbreak. New projects throughout the world have stalled, which, in turn, have led to decline in demand for analog semiconductors.
- Global factories have struggled to integrate new container terminal automation as workers have stayed in their homes, which disrupted the global supply chains.
- The impact of COVID-19 on this market is temporary as just the production and supply chain is stalled. Once the situation improves, production, supply chains, and demand for container terminal automation are gradually going to increase.
- This COVID-19 lockdown would help companies think about more advanced container terminal automation to enhance efficiency.
Top impacting factors: Market Scenario Analysis, Trends, Drivers and Impact Analysis
The major drivers for the growth of the Container Terminal Automation market are the increasing adoption of automation in equipment handling systems and increasing number of new terminals coupled with brownfield and greenfield terminal projects. But, lack of support from trade unions in this market and the high cost associated with implementation of this Container Terminal Automation may hinder the market growth. Moreover, increasing demand for large container ships, increasing labor costs, integration of artificial intelligence and sophisticated data analysis are expected to boost the container terminal automation market growth further.
New product launches to flourish the market
Kalmar, which is Cargotec’s business unit offers automation, comprise port equipment and services. These are used by several industries, distribution centers, terminals and ports. Due to its geographic reach, strategic alliances, product portfolio, and service capabilities it has maintained its leading position in the market. It offers integrated solutions and services and innovative products to meet the customer specific needs. Rail Mounted Gantry (RMG) cranes were introduced by Kalmar in the year 2017. They are highly adaptable and automation ready platforms designed to meet the container terminal operations. They are also suitable for existing brownfield operations or for the greenfield sites as these RMG’s can be tailored for customer specific requirements, which also helped them flourish the container terminal automation market.
Surge in usage in transportation
Container Terminal Automation have at least one component of the overall system automated. Some part or an entire process of transportation, discharging of ships and yard equipment operations are automated. The centralized system which is used in the automated container terminals is the terminal operating system (TOS). It controls various machinery and port equipment’s and also monitors the port operations to enhance transportation which has led to the surge in the usage of Container Terminal Automation in the transportation sector.
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the global container terminal automation industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the global Container Terminal Automation market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the global Container Terminal Automation market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed global container terminal automation market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Questions answered in the container terminal automationmarket research report:
- Which are the leading market players active in the container terminal automation market?
- What would be the detailed impact of COVID-19 on thecontainer terminal automation marketforecast?
- What current trends would influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the container terminal automation market trend?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Container Terminal Automation Market Report Highlights
By Degree of Automation
By Project Type