The continuous miner engages in cutting or removal of a wide section of coal or soft minerals to a certain depth. It is a continuous mining process in which drilling and blasting are not required. The material is conveyed into shuttle cars, haul trucks, or a continuous haulage system. Underground coal is mined by the room and pillar system in which rooms are formed by cutting into the coal bed (seam). Series of pillars of coal are left to support the mine roof and passages for the flow of fresh air are created. In this room and pillar system, as much as five tons of coal a minute can be mined. A continuous miner majorly consists of a central body known as caterpillar tracks, a cutter, gathering head, conveyor, traction, dust collector, manifold hydraulics, and electrical circuits. Modern continuous miners also have roof bolting equipment mounted on the miner, allowing roof bolts to be installed reasonably close to the face.
COVID-19 Impact Analysis
- COVID-19 pandemic has shut down the production of continuous mining machine attributed to the lockdown in countries worldwide this has hampered the growth of continuous mining machine from the last few months and is likely to grow in 2021.
- COVID -19 has already affected the sales of continuous mining machine in the second and third quarter of 2020 and is anticipated to grow in year 2021.
- The major demand for continuous mining was previously noticed from countries including the US Germany Italy UK and China which are negatively affected by the spread of the coronavirus thereby declining the demand for continuous mining machine.
- Further potential impact of the lockdown is currently vague and financial recovery of companies is totally based on its cash reserves continuous mining machine manufacturers can afford a full lockdown only for a few months after which the players have to modify their investment plans. For instance, various players in the market halted their production activities for several weeks to reduce the expenses. Whereas few players also adopted employee lay-offs to sustain during the COVID -19 health crisis.
- Continuous mining machine manufacturers are expected to focus on protecting their workforce operations and supply chains to respond to ward immediate crisis and find new ways of working after COVID -19 for instance provision of sanitizers maintaining social distancing as well as ensuring the vaccination of every employee in the company can assist in promoting the health and safety of the workforce.
Top Impacting Factors
There is a rise in the requirement for a variety of minerals due to the increase in the adoption of renewable energy. This has made companies offer equipment, which is more productive and has a smaller environmental impact. The need for non-metal mining has witnessed an upsurge due to increased demand for the extraction of rocks, stones, sand, and similar materials for the construction of roads, buildings, monuments, and landscaping. All these factors boost the growth of the continuous mining machine market. Moreover, the need for mining equipment is projected to grow in this region, due to the exploration of iron and copper in South America and Australia.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the continuous mining machine along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the continuous mining machine market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the continuous mining machine market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed continuous mining machine market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years
Continuous Mining Machine Market Report Highlights
By Cutterhead power
Key Market Players
Liebherr-international,, Atlas Copco Construction & Mining,, Doosan Corporation, Sandvik,, Deere & Company,, Hitachi,, Caterpillar Inc.,, Outotec,, AB Volvo,, Metso Corp.,