Continuous Wave (CW) Radar System is a form of electromagnetic system that evaluates phase difference when a known stable frequency continuous wave radio energy is transmitted and then received from reflecting objects. CW radar systems are used at both ends of range spectrum for detection and classification of people based on different characteristics and Doppler signatures produced by body components including torso, arms, and legs while in motion. The results offer a wide range of security and perimeter protection applications as they are of low cost and can measure target velocity using Doppler shift.
CW radar systems are deployed in the automotive sector in passenger cars, transport vehicles to assist in lane changing, in-cruise control, delivering collision warning as it can measure relative velocity and transmits low power without interfering in other wireless devices. In addition, these are used in the aviation sector to detect obstacles, provide accurate altitude details by digital signal processing as they are capable of extracting information from high noise levels that causes random variations in signals generated by electronic components. Implementation of safety regulations and deployment of lightweight in aerial vehicles implies that the continuous wave radar market share would undergo steady growth in the coming years.
Top Impacting Factors: Market Scenario Analysis, Drivers, Trends, and Impact Analysis
Rise in adoption of CW-radar systems in unmanned vehicles, anti-missile systems for object recognition and tracking, collision avoidance with static or moving objects owing to increasing security-related issues is the major factor that fuels the continuous wave radar market growth. However, limitations in detecting targets crossing beam at right angles and adverse climatic conditions result in malfunctioning of continuous radar systems that hinder the CW radar systems market growth.
Contrarily, use of advanced radar systems in meteorological monitoring and forecasting weather information further boosts the continuous wave radar market revenue. Ongoing technological advancements in radar technology, owing to increase in awareness to provide safety and security and huge investments by governments in R&D are expected to present new pathways to the continuous wave radar industry.
New Product Launches to Flourish the Market:
Leading key continuous wave radar market players adopt necessary methods to improve precision and advanced operational performance capabilities of reconnaissance, attack, and security to the global customer community.
In June 2020, Longbow LLC, a joint venture between Northrop Grumman and Lockheed Martin, launched 500th APG-78 LONGBOW Fire Control Radar for AH-64 Apache helicopter. APG-78 LONGBOW FCR offers automatic target detection, location, classification, and prioritization, which enables rapid, multi-target engagement in harsh weather conditions in various terrain types, and battlefield obscurants. It is incorporated with Version6 FCR software that provides new operational capabilities such as maritime, single target track, and 360-degree surveillance mode along with extended detection range capability against land, air, and sea targets. The Apache Fire Control radar system includes electro-optical sensors and radar technologies that provide aircrews enhanced situational awareness with high performance and survivability.
Surge in use in Automotive and Industrial Application:
CW-radar systems are used in military and defense purposes for air traffic control, radar astronomy, detection of spacecraft, aircraft missiles as well as measures distance and velocities with high precision over optical or ultrasound systems. In addition, these devices are used in advanced driver assistance systems, adaptive cruise control, and lane-keeping and parking aid systems in smart vehicles in the automotive sector.
In April 2020, Lockheed martin, a global security and aerospace company, introduced the first Q-53 Radar equipped with Gallium Nitride, which enable security forces to upgrade and enhance system’s capabilities to meet changing mission needs. Q-53 protects troops in combat by detecting, classifying, and tracking location of enemy indirect fire in 90 or 3600 modes. GaN transmitter-receiver modules provide additional power, reliability to radar including extended range and multi-mission that enables simultaneous counterfire target acquisition and air surveillance. These solid-state radar systems can operate in harsh environments as well as are available in highly mobile configurations.
Covid-19 Scenario Analysis -
- Emergence of coronavirus has become a disastrous issue worldwide. There is a halt in production process, owing to the global lockdown scenario causing disruption in the overall supply chain of continuous wave radar systems. COVID-19 outbreak has also caused lag in meeting demands of end users as the epicenter of virus outbreak Wuhan, China accounts for the largest manufacturing items of electronic components.
- Currently, demand for CW-radar system in healthcare and other emergency services is driving sales revenue temporarily. It is used for remote monitoring of artery walls and vocal cord movements and other metabolic processes within the body of infected patients. In addition, these radar systems are incorporated in drones and unmanned vehicles to track and detect location of virus outbreaks to monitor and assist people in following social distancing guidelines.
- The CW-radar market is expected to suffer temporary demand loss, owing to temporary unprecedented ban on travel activities as well as industrial operations. The concerned industry is anticipated to make steady rebound after commencement of production operations thereby aiding to balance the demand-supply chain with the rise in demand.
Key benefits of the stakeholders:
- The study gives an analytical overview of the continuous wave radar market forecast with current trends and future estimations to determine imminent investment pockets.
- The report provides information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed CW radar systems market analysis.
- The current Continuous Wave radar market trends are quantitatively analyzed.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
Questions answered in the Continuous Wave radar Market research report:
- Who are the leading players in the Continuous Wave radar market?
- What are the current trends that would influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the Continuous Wave radar market?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
- What would be the detailed impact of COVID-19 on the market?
Continuous Wave Radar Market Report Highlights
Key Market Players
Honeywell International, Raytheon Corp., Thales Group, Northrop Grumman, BAE Systems, General Dimension, SAAB AB., Rockwell Collins, Reutech Radar Systems, Lockheed Martin Corp.