Copper Wire Bonding ICs Market Outlook – 2027
Wire bonding is the technique by which an integrated circuit (IC) or other semiconductor device is interconnected with its packaging during the manufacture of semiconductor devices. In semiconductor and microelectronic applications, copper wire is one of the most preferred material for wire bonding interconnections. Copper wire has the potential to be drawn at smaller diameters due to high ductility and provide almost same efficiency as that of gold at efficient cost of material. By substituting complex ICs due to process optimization, copper wire bonded ICs have now begun to be used during harsh environment
The global copper wire bonding ICs market is segmented on the basis of packaging technology, type, application, and region. Based on packaging technology, the market is divided into small outline package (SOP), grid array (GA), quad flat no-leads (QFN) package, dual flat no-leads (DFN) package, quad flat package (QFP), dual in-line package (DIP), and others.
In terms of type, the copper wire bonding ICs market is categorized into ball-ball bonds, wedge-wedge bonds, and ball-wedge bonds. On the basis of application, the market is divided into consumer electronics, automotive, healthcare, aerospace & defense, and others. Geographically, the market is analyzed across several regions such as North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Latin America, Middle East & Africa (LAMEA).
Key players operating in the global copper wire bonding ICs industry include Freescale Semiconductor, Micron Technology, Cirrus Logic, Fairchild Semiconductor, Maxim, Integrated Silicon Solution, Lattice Semiconductor, Infineon Technologies, KEMET, and Quik-Pak. These companies have adopted several strategies such as product launches, partnerships, collaborations, mergers & acquisitions, and joint ventures to strengthen their foothold in the global copper wire bonding ICs market.
Top Impacting Factors
Higher costs of gold, increase in demand for consumer electronics industry and growth in adoption of wire bonding ICs in automotive industry are the major driving factors for copper wire bonding ICs market. Additionally, increased development in consumer electronics vertical and also in automotive industry that would create lucrative opportunities for the global copper wire bonding ICs market in developed and developing countries such as China, India and others.
However, the restraint for the global copper wire bonding ICs market is the complex manufacturing process which requires advanced designs & equipment. Furthermore, lack of durability for harsh environment applications introduce challenge for the market players.
Rising Demand in Semiconductor Industries
Manufacturers of electronic devices face demands from customers for high-powered, reliable, and smart electrical appliances. Owing to advancements in technology including the introduction of trillions of transistors on a chip called system-on-chip, the last decade also witnessed the development of the smart device and home automation sector.
The integration of the copper wire bonding ICs technology into their devices has begun by manufacturers of smart electronic devices such as wireless communication equipment, mobile phones, ECG, telemetry devices and automotive body electronic products. Additionally, the rise of SiP technology has allowed mixed-signal SoC manufacturing companies to blend in more features at a fair price on a single chip.
Increase in Demand For Wireless Computing Devices Estimated to Drive IoT's Advent
Consumers all over the world require high-performance, secure and easily portable computing devices that provide networking through wireless networks such as 3 G, 4 G, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth to enable data sharing and exchange. Globally the IoT is a fast-growing market. The copper wire bonding ICs technique employed on the platform enables devices to capture and transfer data via wireless computing devices to a centralized (real-time) location utilizing sensors and actuators. The preference for small devices on a single computer has increased the need for more functionalities.
With increasing market competition, regional as well as international competitors are focused on developing new products to maintain and enhance their position in the global market. In order to gain an advantage over competitors, key players fixate on mergers and acquisitions, and technological innovation. Emerging market vendors have been facing substantially challenging competition from rival vendors as they are struggling with new technologies, reliability and other issues related to the products.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the global copper wire bonding ICs market forecast along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the global copper wire bonding ICs market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the global copper wire bonding ICs market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed global copper wire bonding ICs market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
COVID-19 Scenario Analysis
- Global copper wire bonding market has been significantly impacted by the COVID-19 outbreak. New projects throughout the world have stalled, which, in turn, have led to decline in demand for analog semiconductors.
- Global factories have struggled to integrate new analog copper wire bonding as workers have stayed in their homes, which disrupted the global supply chains.
- The impact of COVID-19 on this market is temporary as just the production and supply chain is stalled. Once the situation improves, production, supply chains, and demand for copper wire bonding are gradually going to increase.
- This COVID-19 lockdown would help companies think about more advanced copper wire bonding to enhance efficiency.
Questions Answered in the Copper Wire Bonding ICs Market Research Report
- Which are the leading market players active in the copper wire bonding ICs market?
- What would be the detailed impact of COVID-19 on the copper wire bonding ICs market size?
- How current copper wire bonding ICs market trends would influence the industry in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the global market?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Copper Wire Bonding ICs Market Report Highlights
By end User
Key Market Players
Infineon Technologie, Quik-Pak, TATSUTA Electric Wire and Cable, Fairchild Semiconductor, KEMET, Cirrus Logic, Freescale Semiconductor, Integrated Silicon Solution, Maxim, Lattice Semiconductor, Micron Technology