Cordierite is a type of magnesium aluminum silicate with excellent thermal shock resistance; lightweight nature; and enhanced mechanical strength, rigidity, and low thermal expansion. It is majorly utilized as a structural ceramic in kiln furniture applications and is an excellent fit for insulators utilized in manufacturing & durable goods.
Catalytic converters are produced using ceramics, which usually contain cordierite minerals as major components. It is also applicable in processes where quick temperature changes take place. Dense version of cordierite is easily pressed to produce technical components while the porous version possesses superior thermal shock properties and thus is utilized in heating applications. Cordierite is used in manufacturing of microfiltration membranes utilized for removal of particulates in petroleum refining industry.
Growth in automotive industry, increase in number of commercial applications across various end user industries, and high aesthetic value of these minerals drive the market growth. Competition from substitutes, such as steatite, and barriers put by environmentalists which discourage mining processes to save forests & wild life hinder the market growth.
New innovative mining technologies need to be developed to outweigh this potential constraint put by environmentalists. Growth in demand for high temperature-resistant products, such as kiln furniture, industrial fuse bodies, and expansion bars for thermostats, and high-temperature electrical terminals in developed and developing economies are expected to provide potential growth opportunities for cordierite market expansion.
The report segments the cordierite market on the basis of type, application, and geography. Based on type, it is bifurcated into sintered cordierite and porous cordierite. On the basis of application, it is divided into automotive parts; deodorization, deoxidation & smoke extraction; ceramic kiln; infrared radiator; electrical insulators; welding strips & rings; and others (household appliances and petroleum). Geographical breakdown of the market includes North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
The major players operating in the global market focus on key market strategies, such as mergers, acquisitions, collaborations, and partnerships, to strengthen their market reach and maintain their position in the competitive market.
Comprehensive competitive analysis and profiles of major market players provided in the report are as follows:
- CoorsTek, Inc.
- Du-Co Ceramics Company, Inc.
- Goodfellow Corp.
- Kyocera International, Inc.
- Sinotrade Resource Co., Limited.
- Steatit S.R.O
- Tianjin Century Electronics Co., Ltd.
- Trans-Tech, Inc.
- Yanshi City Guangming High-Tech Refractories Products Co., Ltd.
- Yunnan Filter Environment Protection S.&T. Co., Ltd.
- This report provides a quantitative analysis of the current trends and estimations from 2017 to 2023 of the global cordierite market to identify the prevailing market opportunities.
- Major countries in each region are mapped according to individual market revenue.
- Comprehensive analysis of factors that drive and restrict the market growth is provided.
- An in-depth analysis of current research & clinical developments within the market is provided with key dynamic factors.
- Key players and their key developments in the recent years are listed.
Cordierite Market Key Segments:
- Sintered Cordierite
- Porous Cordierite
- Automotive Parts
- Deodorization, Deoxidation & Smoke Extraction
- Ceramic Kiln
- Infrared Radiator
- Electrical Insulators
- Welding Strips & Rings
- Others (Household Appliances and Petroleum)
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of LAMEA