A cordless phone is a portable telephone that uses radio waves, rather than a wire, to communicate with a base station. Generally, this phone has a base station and the handset can be used anywhere within a definite distance from the base. A modern cordless phone system uses a transmission signal from 900 MHz to 2.4 GHz and an improved antenna/receiver system to offer particularly clear communications. Rechargeable batteries in the cordless phone provide hours of available talk time.
Better voice quality; improved safety feature; and additional features such as remote message pickup from the handset, call waiting, caller ID, and two-way paging drive the market. However, interference by other devices signal and health effects of cordless phones impede the market growth. Moreover, technological advancements, such as touch screen option and increased battery life, prove to be a major opportunity for the market.
The cordless phone market is segmented into type, application, and geography. The type segment is divided into analog, digital enhanced cordless telecommunications (DECT), and other digital technology. The market based on application is divided into home, offices, and public places. Geographically, it is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA. The key players profiled in the report are Panasonic Corporation, Gigaset AG, Koninklijke Philips N.V., VTech, Uniden Holdings Corporation, Motorola Solutions, Inc., AT&T Inc., Vivo Mobile Communications Co., Ltd., General Electric, and TCL Corporation.
- This report provides an extensive analysis of the current and emerging market trends, dynamics, and estimations for the key market segments in the global cordless phone market from 2017 to 2023.
- Exhaustive analysis of the market by type, and application helps to understand the current trends in use and the variants that are expected to gain prominence in the future.
- This report presents competitive intelligence of the market to understand the competitive scenario globally.
Cordless Phone Market Key Segmentation:
- Digital Enhanced Cordless Telecommunications (DECT)
- Other Digital Technology
- Public Places
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East
- Panasonic Corporation
- Gigaset AG
- Koninklijke Philips N.V.
- Uniden Holdings Corporation
- Motorola Solutions, Inc.
- AT&T Inc.
- Vivo Mobile Communications Co., Ltd.
- General Electric
- TCL Corporation