Cosmetic serum is a concentrated product based on water or oil. Serums contain 10 times more biologically active ingredients than cream making it more effective and quicker in reaction time. Cosmetic serum is in high demand due to health & facial consciousness among people, unhealthy diet, and increased pollution. In addition, cosmetic serums moisturize, rejuvenate, nourish and soothe skin making them an essential cosmetic bag product. Innovation in skin serum segment has made age-defying products which target dark spots, wrinkles, and reduces pores. The global cosmetic serum market has experienced a significant growth, and is expected to grow considerably in next few years.
COVID-19 Scenario Analysis
Many MNC’s halted their production and worked with minimal factory efficiency due to which the production of cosmetic serums decreased. Salons and SPA centers, the most frequent customers, were closed amid lockdown, which impacted the sale of cosmetic serum.
Top Impacting Factors: Market Scenario Analysis, Trends, Drivers, and Impact Analysis
Surge in use of serums for skin, hair, and face has been seen and manufacturers have extended their product from premium segment to middle-class segment. The introduction of serum-based products for the middle-class segment and increase in awareness for healthy skin and hairs has created a new customer base for the serum manufacturers. In addition, the aging population throughout world entering the age of 60 years or more have more demand for face serums.
The Global Cosmetic Serum Market Trends
New Product Launches to Flourish the Market
New products launched by market leaders with improved ingredients and benefits have targeted every segment and made an overall impact that helped the global serum market to rise. Artistry by Amway has launched serums which has a base ingredient and 4 more amplifiers like hydration (for 233% more hydration), anti-wrinkle (for improved fine lines and wrinkles), anti-spot (for reducing dark spots), brightening (for improved brightness). This series by Artistry works with one base serum for different skin problems.
Surge in Usage by Middle-class and Aging Groups
Manufacturers are focused on producing new range of serums serving the aging group and the problems of the face. Key market players have launched products which are specifically for people above 60 years and want anti-aging properties. Olehenriksen has introduced age-defying serums which instantly targets wrinkles, dark spots, fine lines, and reduces aging. The product Glow Cycle Retin-ALT Power Serum contains edelweiss stem cell, bakuchiol, red algae, and tara extracts which makes the skin look firm, promote firmness, gives even tone, and removes spots. In addition, the product doesn’t contain parabens, sulfates, or phthalates and are applicable to all skin types.
The use of this serum brightens the skin, reduces the pores, and makes the fine lines and wrinkles less visible within the first day of application. This product is the best seller from Olehenriksen and has popularity among the aging group people due to the promise it delivers.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the global cosmetic serum industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the global cosmetic serum market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the growth scenario of the global cosmetic serum Market.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers and suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed global cosmetic serum Market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Questions Answered in the Cosmetic Serum Market Research Report
- Which are the leading players active in the cosmetic serum Market?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What future projections would help in taking further strategic steps?
Cosmetic Serum Market Report Highlights
By Distribution Channel
Key Market Players
Loral Group, Ester Lauder Companies, Crop Infrastructure Corp, EMK Products LLC, Proctor and Gamble, Hindustan Unilever., IT Cosmetics LLC, First Aid Beauty Ltd, Amway, Philosophy Inc, Olehenriksen