Shea butter is a natural vegetable fat, light yellowish or ivory, derived from the African tree nut Vitellaria paradoxa. The nozzle contains saturated and unsaturated fatty acids, vitamins E, A, F, and carotene. Vitamin E and Vitamin A are recognized as collagen enhancers known to soothe and moisturize skin. Shea butter provides an appropriate basis for hair and skin hydrating products. It is commonly used as a moisturizer, salve or lotion in cosmetics, and it has well-known protecting qualities against environmental skin-damaging effects such as dryness, rash, and others. . It is expected that the market for cosmetic shea butter to increase over the predictive period due to the increased use of cosmetics in the young and elderly population. However, the availability of alternatives in the cosmetics industry, such as mango butter and shea oil, limits the expansion of the cosmetic shea butter market.
COVID-19 Impact Analysis
- The advent of the global pandemic, COVID-19, has affected the cosmetic shea butter market negatively. Shea butter is personal hygiene product that helps the facial skin get cleansed and repaired. As the COVID-19 pandemic forced countries to enforce lockdown, the supply and distribution chains were disrupted. . Hypermarkets/supermarkets and convenience stores were closed, creating a gap in demand and supply.
- The production process for new batches of cosmetic shea butter had become a challenge for companies due to the limited availability of labor, disruption in the supply chain of raw materials, and logistic issues.
Top Impacting Factors
- Changes in lifestyle, rapid urbanization, and daily skincare habits have increased the demand for shea butter products over the past few years. Personal skincare habit has majorly influenced the increased usage of shea butter, forcing the companies to level up their production.
- The growing population and the urge of consumers to feel fresh all day has further fueled the demand for cosmetic shea butter. The population in the urban area is adapting the usage of shea butter after they are aware of the skincare benefits they can achieve from using shea butter.
- Customers nowadays have grown more aware of the use of cosmetics in their everyday lives to increase their overall individuality and their quotient of style. Skin lightening serums, acne preventative, anti-ageing and others are available to market players that are posing competition to shea butter products. Increased demand for medium-aged women's skincare products is one of the main drivers of sales on the market of cosmetic shea butter.
Social Media Plays a Vital Role in the Advertisement of Shea Butter.
Companies ask well-known social media influencers to endorse their brands since they have a huge social media following, and the product promotion is likely to reach a wide audience. The product campaign is aimed to raise customer’s knowledge of the need for proper cleanliness of the skin and follow a good skincare habit. The cosmetic shea butter companies are sending out a message through their promotion that by using their product, consumers may expect to have healthy, glowing skin.
The increased integration into cosmetics of enhanced anti-ageing components paves the door for sales of cosmetic shea butter.
The elderly population is continuing to boost the demand for anti-ageing skin products. Furthermore, the growth in number of young people who wish to improve their appearance is expected to fuel the growth of anti-ageing creams that use cosmetic shea butter as a key component. Due to its moisturizing and skin healing qualities, unrefined shea butter is utilized as a major component in anti-ageing treatments.
Shea butter treats problems in the skin such as wrinkles, defects, acne and eczema. It also helps prevent sluggish dark patches on skin, making it an essential part of anti-ageing therapies. Hence, the growing demand for premium skin conditioning and anti-ageing products is anticipated to strengthen the demand for shea butter.
Fast advance online retail to promote shea butter in cosmetics
The online websites make sure that there is proper availability of shea butter beauty products for the consumers. With sufficient supply of products, the online website provides the option of comparing the products so that the client may select the best alternative. The available benefits from the online retailers make shea butter products accessible for customers to obtain. The online retailing of shea butter goods is projected to boost the expansion of the cosmetic shea butter industry.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the cosmetic shea butter industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the cosmetic shea butter market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the growth scenario of the cosmetic shea butter market.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers and suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed cosmetic shea butter market analysis on the basis of competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Questions Answered in the Cosmetic Shea Butter Market Research Report
- Which are the leading players active in the cosmetic shea butter market?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What future projections would help in taking further strategic steps?
Cosmetic Shea Butter Market Report Highlights
By Distribution Channel
Key Market Players
AAK AB, Croda International Plc., Bunge Limited., Ghana Nuts Company Ltd., BASF SE., Archer Daniels Midland Company., Star Shea Limited., Clariant AG., Cargill Corporation, Agro Botanicals, LLC.