Serum is an oil and water-based skin care product with the ability to penetrate deep into the skin. These have a very high concentration of active substances, which when applied deep into the skin, provide visible results compared to other cosmetic creams and moisturizers. Serums are ideal for a number of skincare concerns such as acne, ageing, skin brightening & tightening, and others. The rising demand for cosmetic and skin care products has boosted the demand for facial serums in recent years.
Owing to its remarkable properties to address blemish and acne issues, the facial serum has witnessed a notable growth in the recent years and the trend is expected to continue in the coming years as well. Serums being fat-based, provide a far stable environment for the active compound compared to the regular cosmetic creams. They score well over other cosmetic skin care products when it comes to targeting specific skincare areas such as skin ageing, brightening, and similar others. Rise in incidences of skin diseases such as acne, facial wrinkles and ageing are expected to boost the demand for facial cosmetics. Today’s consumer have become more conscious regarding the usage of cosmetics in their daily life in an effort to step up their style quotient and overall personality. Market players offer different types of serums to target concerns such as skin brightening serums, acne prevention, anti-ageing, and others for young and middle-aged population. Rising demand for skincare products by middle-aged women is one of the major factor that boost the sales of facial serum market. Also, the increase in male grooming will also be the major contributors to the growth of the global facial serum market during the forecast period.
Additionally, facial serums are sell through various distribution channels such as general departmental store, supermarkets, drug stores, brand outlets due to which these products are easily made available to customers. Moreover, considering factors like convenience and easy on-the-go shopping experience, several manufacturers have started offering their products online. The expansion in these distribution channels and digital initiatives taken by leading vendors supports the growth of this market. Apart from this, change in lifestyle patterns in emerging countries due to rapid urbanization, rise in awareness towards advanced skin care products and innovative product portfolio drive the growth of global facial serum industry. However, the extortionate prices and availability of cheap substitutes of these facial skincare products restricts the market growth.
On the other hand, adoption of new technologies to develop skincare products and the growth in the online retail industry will create new pathways in the global facial serum market.
The report on the global facial serum market is segmented based on product category, distribution channel and geography. Based on product category the global facial serum market is classified into eye serums, blemish and acne treatment serums, face sunscreen serums, face moisturizing serums, facial self-tanning serums and others. According to distribution channel, the facial serum market is segmented into general departmental store, supermarkets, drug stores, brand outlets and others. Based on region, the market is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
The key market players profiled in the report include Origins Natural Resources Inc., EMK Products LLC., First Aid Beauty Ltd., IT Cosmetics, LLC., Philosophy, Inc., L'Oréal Group, Estee Lauder Companies, Inc., Amway, Proctor and Gamble and Unilever.
Key Benefits for Stakeholders
- This report provides a quantitative analysis of the current trends, estimations, and dynamics of the global facial serum market for the period of 2018-2025 to identify the prevailing market opportunities.
- The key countries in all the majors regions have been mapped based on their market share.
- Porters Five Forces analysis highlights the potency of buyers and suppliers to enable stakeholders to make profit-oriented business decisions and strengthen their supplier buyer network.
- In-depth analysis of the market segmentation assists in determining the prevailing market opportunities.
- Major countries in each region have been mapped according to their revenue contribution to the global facial serum industry. Market player positioning segment facilitates benchmarking and provides a clear understanding of the present position of market players.
- The report includes the analysis of the regional as well as global market, key players, market segments, and application areas, and growth strategies.
KEY MARKET SEGMENTS
By Product Category
- Eye Serums
- Blemish and Acne Treatment Serums
- Face Sunscreen Serums
- Face Moisturizing Serums
- Facial Self-Tanning Serums
By Distribution Channel
- General Departmental Store
- Drug Stores
- Brand Outlets
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA
Other prominent players in facial serum market are as follows.
- Avon Products, Inc.
- Oriflame Cosmetics S.A.
- Kao Corporation
- Shiseido Company, Limited,
- Burberry Group PLC
- Edgewell Personal Care
*Profiles of these players are not included in the report, but can be included on request