The cotton pad market is growing; it's expected to grow further due to the rising awareness in millennials about personal care and hygiene. Cotton pads are used in medical procedures or medical emergencies and for the removal of cosmetics. There is intense competition in the cotton pad market as global players are constantly working to innovate their product and improving the quality of the cotton pads, which are attracting consumers to purchase. As cotton pads are soft in nature, consumers opt to use them for cleaning their infants. The rising population of working women and the increased birth rate is further driving the demand for cotton pads all around the globe. In the advent of the COVID-19 pandemic, sales of the cotton pad decreased as sufficient stock was not available; thus, creating a gap in demand and supply. It's expected that companies will upgrade their production once the situation eases a bit.
COVID-19 Impact Analysis
- The outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic forced governments all over the world to enforce lockdown. The company’s distribution and supply chain got disrupted due to the lockdown. Companies couldn't procure the raw material for the processing of finished products and a sufficient labor force was not available to carry out the functions for production.
- The surge in demand for cotton pads in the medical sector arose due to the usage of cotton pads for cleaning blood that ooze out from minor punctures such as injections and venipuncture.
- The household sector has slight decreased their demand for cotton pads as their interest shifted toward other essential needs that had to be taken care of first.
Top Impacting Factors
- Rise in awareness among millennials for personal health and hygiene drives the growth of the market. Millennials are aware of the repercussions of using cosmetic that leads to rashes, acne, and break-outs; proper cleaning of the face has become a vital skincare routine resulting in daily usage of cotton pads.
- The increase in number of working women and increased birth rate of infants lead to the increased usage of cotton pads. Cotton is soft that is perfect for usage as its light on the baby skin.
- The increased growth in the cosmetics industry directly contributes to the growth of the cotton pad industry. With new innovative cosmetics products introduced in the market, the cosmetics companies are offering cotton pads with their product as a complimentary to make their product more convenient for usage and save time.
- The introduction of pads made of bamboo, cotton flannel, and hemp is an alternative to cotton pads. Increase in use of these alternate pads is restraining the growth of the cotton pad industry as people are shifting away from cotton pads usage.
Environmental awareness is forcing companies to innovate products to make them environmentally friendly
The farming of cotton has a huge effect on the environment if it is not naturally processed. Chemical used in cotton pollutes the environment, water bodies, and local wildlife. 1 kg of cotton needs 20,000 liters of water to process. This rise in awareness is affecting the sales of cotton pads as different pads made with biodegradable fabrics are in high demand. Leading companies of the cotton pad market are investing in research and development to make their product environmentally friendly, more effective in usage and convenient. The introduction of a reusable cotton pad increases the usage option and reduces the need for frequent purchases.
E-commerce is boosting the growth of the cotton pads market
The life of the consumers is getting entangled due to the work pressure, resulting in the reduction of time to carry out other essential works. Consumers search for an option to purchase products that are convenient and time-saving. The introduction of digital business and e-commerce sites have impacted consumers buying behavior as consumers are shifting from traditional method of purchase to online shopping. The online website provides the consumer with different options to choose from, which they filter and sort by their requirements. Online services offer a satisfactory price and valuable discounts that attract consumer to proceed with the purchase. These added benefits encourage the consumer to shop online, which indirectly helps in the sale of cotton pads and boosts the growth of the cotton pads market.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the cotton pads industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the cotton pads market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the cotton pads market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed cotton pads market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years
Questions answered in the Report
- Who are the leading market players active in the cotton pads market?
- What current trends will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What future projections would help in taking further strategic steps?
Cotton Pads Market Report Highlights
By Distribution Channel
Key Market Players
PT Cottonindo Ariesta TBK, Lohmann & Rauscher GmbH & Co. KG., Shiseido Company Limited, Sephora USA, Inc., Ontex Group NV, Septona S.A., Unicharm Corporation, Sanitars SpA, Sisma SpA, Shanghai Jahwa United Co.Limited