Cough hypersensitivity syndrome is characterized by cough as the major presenting problem, regardless of the underlying disease or condition. Cough is a vital reflex and protective mechanism, which works against aspiration. However, when a cough gets chronic, it can become hypersensitive. Many patients have cough, but do not fit in any disease category such as bronchitis or asthma. Their cough remains unexplained and certain factors can trigger its occurrence. People with such types of cough symptoms are known to suffer from cough hypersensitivity syndrome. The triggers can be mechanical, thermal, or chemical exposure.
COVID-19 Impact Analysis
- COVID-19 is an infectious disease that originated in the Hubei province of the Wuhan city in China in late December. The highly contagious disease, caused by a virus, severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2), is transmitted from human to human. Since the outbreak in December 2019, the disease has spread to almost 213 countries around the globe with the World Health Organization declaring it a public health emergency on March 11, 2020.
- Pharmaceutical and biotech companies together with governments around the globe are working to address the COVID-19 outbreak, from supporting the development of vaccines to planning for medicine supply chain challenges. Currently, around 115 vaccine candidates and 155 molecules are in the R&D pipeline. Moreover, commonly used drugs such as hydroxychloroquine have witnessed a dramatic surge in demand for the management of COVID-19. Such high demand for these drugs has presented huge opportunities for manufacturers of COVID-19 management drugs, as many developed countries are facing a shortage of these drugs. Thus, the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries are expected to witness significant growth in the future, owing to the demand for vaccines and treatment drugs for COVID-19.
- However, with COVID-19, the supply chain of raw materials required to manufacture drugs for cough hypersensitivity syndrome has been disrupted in many countries. In addition, the market growth of pharmaceuticals is declining, as the manufacturers of drugs have reduced down their production due to the pandemic. This, in turn, is expected to have a significant impact on the cough hypersensitivity syndrome treatment market.
Top Impacting Factors
Rise in the number of cases of chronic respiratory disorders globally is the major factor that promotes the growth of the cough hypersensitivity syndrome market.
In addition, the number of cigarette smokers across the world has increased. Cigarette smoking is the major factor that causes cough in many people; therefore, this factor has contributed to the growth of the market.
Technological advancements in the field of drug delivery systems that help in controlling coughing along with surge in demand for multiple dosage forms for cough are some of the factors that have propelled the growth of the cough hypersensitivity syndrome market.
However, the dependence and drug abuse of cough hypersensitivity syndrome drugs is the major restraint of the market.
Key Market Trends
- North America is the leader in the cough hypersensitivity syndrome market. This is attributed to the presence of key market players in this region along with the region’s research and development capabilities that help ensure high medical standards.
- The retail pharmacy segment holds the major share of the cough hypersensitivity syndrome market, owing to the easy availability of such pharmacies all across the world. For instance, MedPlus has about 1,650 outlets in India.
- Novel cough hypersensitivity syndrome products are being reformulated with combinational therapies or improvised vehicles. In addition, most of the industry-sponsored products for the syndrome are in clinical trials.
- The online pharmacy segment is expected to have a huge market share during the forecast period, owing to factors such as the convenience of medicine delivery and offers & discounts that many e-pharmacies offer.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the cough hypersensitivity syndrome treatment industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with a detailed analysis of the cough hypersensitivity syndrome treatment market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the cough hypersensitivity syndrome treatment market.
- The report provides a detailed analysis depending on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in the coming years.
Questions Answered in the Cough Hypersensitivity Syndrome Treatment Report
- Which are the leading players active in the cough hypersensitivity syndrome treatment market?
- How is each segment of the market expected to grow during the forecast period?
- What are the adoption trends for the cough hypersensitivity syndrome treatment in emerging economies and established economies across the world?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities of the market?
- What future projections would help in taking further strategic steps in the market?
- What are the impacts of COVID-19 on the industry?
- What is cough hypersensitivity syndrome?
- What are the current and predicted trends of the cough hypersensitivity syndrome treatment market?
Cough Hypersensitivity Syndrome Treatment Market Report Highlights
By Drug Class
By Distribution Channel
Key Market Players
Bayer AG, Novartis International AG, Pfizer, Inc, GlaxoSmithKline Plc, AstraZeneca Plc, Johnson & Johnson, Inc., Teva Canada Limited