The crack-free concrete refers to the concrete that is manufactured using expansive agents provided that the adequate wet curing is carried out after demolding. The expansive agents such as rubber, asphalt, lumber, and expansion joints are used as shock absorbers in the concrete to prevent it from cracks. The hot weather and excessive water in the concrete mix can result in concrete cracks. The crack-free concrete are incorporated with the control joints to prevent shrinkage cracking. The crack free is generally used in the industrial floors with the usage of control joints and in absence of wet curing. The crack-free concrete is categorized into various types such as conventional aggregate, lightweight aggregate, and others.
Covid-19 Scenario Analysis:
- The demand for the crack-free concrete is expected to decrease in the year 2020 due to lockdown imposed by the government and low demand from construction industries.
- Coronavirus has affected the import and export of construction materials. China is the largest exporter of construction materials globally. Negative trends in the economy of China are anticipated to reduce the global import and export throughout the globe.
- Demand for new construction materials have witnessed a massive negative shift since the corona outbreak in December 2019, with manufactures and investors fearing an excessively receding economic growth.
- Travel prohibitions around the globe have affected the trade of construction materials. Thus, the supply and demand for construction materials are almost halted throughout the globe.
- Construction materials manufacturing companies located in China, are the major sufferers of from the virus outbreak, owing to lockdown and unavailability of logistics in the region.
- The major hindrance for the global construction materials market comes from the orders of home quarantine by respective governments, which has led to the discontinuing of production of construction materials.
- Decreased consumer demand and consumption has led to reduction and slow down of sales of construction materials all over the globe over the course of the current economic year.
- Therefore, the crack-free concrete market is expected to be negatively affected in 2020.
Top impacting factors: Market Scenario Analysis, Trends, Drivers and Impact Analysis
The increasing investments in the construction of residential and non-residential buildings across the globe and the increasing demand for the crack resistant concrete structure is considered to be the major growth driver for crack-free concrete market. The growing awareness of safety measures as the concrete cracks may endanger the building safety is further expected to fuel the crack-free concrete market. The concrete cracks in the buildings majorly occur due to various reasons such as plastic shrinkage, premature dying, heaving, overloading the slab, and expansion of concrete. Thus, these factors are expected to fuel the demand for the crack-free concrete. North America hold the largest share in the crack free concrete followed by Europe. The Asia-Pacific region countries like India and China are significantly developing their infrastructure and construction industries, which in turn drives the growth of the crack-free concrete market. However, the high initial investment of crack-free concrete and lack of awareness about the advantages of these crack-free concrete in the construction industries can hamper the growth of the crack-free concrete market.
The global crack-free concrete market trends are:
New launches to flourish the market
In the past few years, crack-free concrete has a major role in the construction industries. In December 2019, one of the global leaders in cement solution provider Ramco cement has launched a high strength Ramco supercrete cement for crack-free concrete. The supercrete cement is compatible with M-sand and comes in a BOPP bags that prevents any spillage.
High demand from applications:
The demand for the high quality construction material in various residential buildings and non-residential buildings such as industrial facilities, office spaces, institutions and commercial buildings has pushed up the crack-free concrete market across the globe. In construction, crack-free concrete is used in the building of large structures like bridges, canals, highways, dams, warehouses, and factories. The cracks in the concrete slab or walls are generally caused due to plastic shrinkage, expansion of concrete, heaving, premature dying, and overloading the concrete slab. The expansion crack-free joints are used as a control point typically made of compressible material such as asphalt, carbon Nano fibers, rubber, and lumber that act as a shock absorbers to relieve the tensile stress and prevent cracks in the concrete. Moreover, the concrete cracks occur due to plastic shrinkage. The plastic shrinkage cracks occur due to excessive water in the concrete, which form voids in the concrete slabs. Thus, the control joints can be incorporated in the crack-free concrete slabs to prevent plastic shrinkage cracking. The control joints help in preventing cracks in the concrete as they open up when concrete slab start shrinking.
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the crack-free concrete Market along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the crack-free concrete Market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the crack-free concrete market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed Market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Crack-free Concrete Market Report Highlights
By Mix design
Key Market Players
Stier Construction, Cemex, R G McKinnon Concrete, Inc., MDU Resources Group, Vulcan Materials., HeidelbergCement, Votorantim Cimentos, Martin Marietta, LafargeHolcim, HeidelbergCement Group