Crawler dozer is a construction equipment which is equipped with blades and is used to move heavy materials and large quantities of materials such as soil, rock, and sand from one place to another. Crawler dozers play an important role in material transportation and movement across various land grades. They are essential during road repair for overload shedding and pitching. Dozers have strong ground-holding abilities and agility, even in uneven terrains due to their crawlers or tracks. They are broad enough to distribute the load evenly throughout the machine, preventing it from toppling over even on soft ground. All of these properties are excellent alternatives to a variety of construction, forestry, mining, road-building, and land-clearing projects.
Market Scope and Structure Analysis
To meet the growing demand, modern crawler dozers have been upgraded and updated with specialized mechanics. To make the task more efficient and productive, modern equipment is fitted with more complex tools. Automated gearboxes, hydraulic cylinders, and automatic grade control choices are among the contemporary technologies installed. Furthermore, the widespread use of such systems resulted in their voluntary acceptance across a variety of businesses due to their numerous benefits. Furthermore, many uses of these dozers as well as greater speed, precision of movement, and terrain management have helped in construction and mining industries. These benefits and applications are projected to boost the crawler dozers market growth in the projected period.
COVID-19 Impact Analysis
- The COVID-19 pandemic ceased the production of various products in the crawler dozers industry, which is attributed to the global lockdown. This hampered the growth of crawler dozers market from the last few months and is likely to continue during 2022.
- COVID-19 affected the sales of crawler dozers in the end quarter of 2021 and is anticipated to have a negative impact on the market growth throughout the next year.
- The major demand for crawler dozers was previously noticed in giant manufacturing regions, such as North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and South America, which are negatively affected by the spread of the coronavirus, thereby declining the demand for crawler dozers.
- Further, potential impact of the lockdown is currently vague and financial recovery of companies is totally based on their cash reserves. Crawler dozers manufacturers can afford a full lockdown only for a few months, after which the players have to modify their investment plans. For instance, various players in the market halted their production activities for several weeks to reduce their expenses. On the contrary, few players adopted employee lay-offs to sustain themselves during the COVID-19 health crisis.
- Crawler dozers manufacturers are expected to focus on protecting their workforce, operations, and supply chains to respond to immediate crises and find new ways of working after COVID-19. For instance, provision of sanitizers, maintaining social distancing, as well as ensuring the vaccination of every employee in the company can assist in promoting the health & safety of the workforce.
Top Impacting Factors
The crawler dozers market is growing due to the expansion of construction sector, forestry, and mining industries. They are used to move heavy objects from one place to another. Furthermore, increase in demand for smart machine technologies is providing significant growth in crawler dozers market. Smart machines improve work quality and increase operational efficiency. Innovative concepts such as sensors, power controls, joysticks, power breaks, and power steering are being adopted for better job efficiency. These innovative technologies aid in the proper control of machinery while keeping the loads intact. This is expected to improve the outcome as well as the quality of the work.
Moreover, crawler dozers are used in various applications such as mining, construction, agriculture, and forestry. The construction sector is expanding due to strong demand for houses and infrastructure. Similarly, rise in government investments in infrastructure development in emerging countries such as the U.S., India, and China is increasing the demand for heavy construction equipment, hence boosting the crawler dozer market growth.
- In March 2021, U.S. President announced $2 trillion plan to upgrade its infrastructure. It includes investment of around $115 billion for construction of roads and rebuilding of bridges, and $42 billion for construction of airports and water infrastructure.
- In March 2020, John Deere, a manufacturer of construction and agriculture machinery, introduced 770L and 750L crawler dozers with enhanced reliability and productivity features. The new models are equipped with 135 HP and 175 HP engines. It has 6 cylinders and a 6.8-liter John Deere engine that is built for entire day of production.
- In September 2021, Caterpillar, Inc. introduced D9 Crawler dozer with improved reliability and efficiency. To keep productivity high, the D9 has differential steering for a tight turning radius and the ability to maintain ground speed when turning. In addition, the suspended undercarriage ensures that the crawler is in contact with the ground to reduce slippage and increase productivity
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the crawler dozers industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the future investment pockets.
- The report presents detailed information related to key drivers, restraints, opportunities and market share of crawler dozers.
- A quantitative analysis highlights the crawler dozers growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed crawler dozers analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Crawler Dozers Market Report Highlights