Crayfish, also known as crawfish are freshwater crustaceans typically green, dark brown, or sandy color and live in freshwater streams, ponds, lakes, swamps, and marshes. They are widely consumed by people in Europe, China, Africa, Australia, Canada, and the U.S. Crayfish are also retained as pets in freshwater aquariums.
Crayfish are packed with proteins, vitamins, and minerals and are low in fat. Increase in awareness about the health benefits of seafood consumption especially among youngsters majorly drives the growth of the crayfish market. Owing to the fast-paced urban lifestyle, consumers including restaurants, fast-food chains, and independent retailers prefer frozen crustaceans for quick consumption. In addition, crayfish is tastier as compared to a few other crustaceans and is thus widely consumed. These factors boost the demand for crayfish market especially in countries across the globe with new-age population. However, increase in popularity of veganism and high price of crayfish exports are the factors expected to hamper the growth of the market.
Aquaculture is considerably growing in the Midwest and has significant potential. Crayfish farmers and sellers can view this as an opportunity for the growth of the crayfish market.
The crayfish market is segmented based on type, application, and region. Based on type, it is classified into Red Swamp Crayfish, Virile crayfish, Ringed crayfish and Rusty crayfish. Based on application, it is divided into food, bait, and pets. Based on region, it is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
The major players in the crayfish market include Mercator Media Ltd., Albion Fisheries Ltd., Siam Canadian Group Limited, United European Seafood Traders Ltd., Cajun Crawfish, Seafood Peddler of Sausalito, Ocean Treasure, K/S Knold's Seafood AB, Mackay Reef Fish Pty. Ltd., and Seven Star Ocean Fisheries Ltd.
Key Benefits for Stakeholders
- This report provides an extensive analysis of the current and emerging trends and dynamics in the Crayfish market.
- In-depth analysis is done by constructing market estimations for the key market segments to identify the prevailing market opportunities.
- This study evaluates the competitive landscape and value chain to understand the competitive environment across the geographies.
- Comprehensive analysis of factors that drive and restrict the market growth is provided.
- Comprehensive analysis of all regions is provided to determine the prevailing opportunities in these geographies.
Crayfish Market Report Highlights
Key Market Players
Seven Star Ocean Fisheries Ltd., United European Seafood Traders Ltd., Ocean Treasure, Albion Fisheries Ltd., Seafood Peddler of Sausalito, Mercator Media Ltd., Siam Canadian Group Limited, Mackay Reef Fish Pty. Ltd., Cajun Crawfish, K/S Knold's Seafood AB