CRISPR-Cas is an adaptive immune system existing in prokaryotes for instance in bacteria and archaea, preventing them from being infected by phages, viruses, and other foreign genetic elements. So far, as a rapid and efficient genome editing tool, CRISPR-Cas systems have been extensively used in a variety of species, including bacteria, yeast, tobacco, arabidopsis, sorghum, rice, Caenorhabditis elegans, Drosophila, zebrafish, Xenopus laevis, mouse, rat, rabbit, dog, sheep, pig, and monkey, as well as various human cell lines, such as tumor cells, adult cells, and stem cells. It is a boon in the medical field and is used for treatment of various genetic diseases as well as to produce genetically modified organisms.
COVID-19 scenario analysis
In the early phase of COVID-19 pandemic, there was no availability of specific diagnostic tests to detect disease in patients. Alternative diagnostic tests were used initially but were not much effective. This unavailability of specific COVID-19 diagnostic tests presented lucrative opportunities for diagnostic manufacturers to introduce their COVID-19 diagnostic kits. Many leading players as well as some start-ups from various countries utilized this opportunity and introduced COVID-19 diagnostics kits into local as well as global market. These players achieved edge over other diagnostics players capitalizing the opportunity from demand for COVID-19 diagnostic tests, which, in turn, helps them in maintaining their revenues in such a crisis. COVID-19 pandemic is expected to have a positive impact on the CRISPER Cas market, owing to high demand for COVID-19 diagnostic tests as well as new researches are going on for genome analysis of the coronavirus and for developing potent drugs and medications for treatment of coronavirus. Hence, the CRISPER Cas market is expected to grow during the forecast period.
Top impacting factors: market scenario analysis, trends, drivers, and impact analysis
High prevalence of genetic disorders among individuals has triggered the use of CRISPER Cas genes in the treatment of diseases. Moreover, owing to the its simple design, low-cost, high-efficiency, good repeatability, and short-cycle, CRISPR-Cas systems have been extensively used in genome editing technology in molecular biology laboratories across the globe, which is expected to boost growth of the market. In addition, CRISPR-Cas systems have also been used for treatment of other hematologic diseases, such as sickle cell disease (SCD) and hemophilia B (HB). It is not only limited to treatment of genetic disorders but also it has been found effective for treatment of metastatic cancer. Its application range is expanding, which has attracted different biotechnical companies to invest into the crisper cas market as well as financial support from the government are the main key factors, which drive growth of the crisper cas gene market.
Key benefits of the report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the global CRISPR and Cas genes market along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the CRISPR and Cas genes market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the CRISPR and Cas genes market.
- The report provides a detailed market analysis depending on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Questions answered in the CRISPR and Cas genes market report
- Which are the leading players active in the CRISPR and Cas genes market?
- What are the current trends that will influence the CRISPR and Cas genes market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities of the CRISPR and Cas genes market?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
CRISPR and Cas Genes Market Report Highlights
By End User
Key Market Players
Intellia Therapeutics, GE Healthcare Dharmacon., Thermo Fisher Scientific, Merck KGaA, Horizon Discovery Group, Editas Medicine, CRISPR THERAPEUTICS, Caribou Biosciences, Addgene, Mirus Bio LLC, Takara Bio USA