Antiarrhythmic drugs follow up the heart’s electrical conduction systems by trying to keep the upbeat of the sinus. They are classified as anticoagulants, calcium channel blockers, beta-blockers. Antiarrhythmic drugs used in the acute care setting are lidocaine, amiodarone and procainamide. Antiarrhythmic drugs come in tablet form. It can be administered intravenously in case of emergencies.
COVID-19 Scenario Analysis
- The outbreak of COVID-19 is likely to have a moderate impact on the market in the forecast period. Research and development activities to identify the threat of SARS-CoV-2 virus on the patients suffering are likely to slow the market growth.
- COVID-19 has brought about a significant burden on the healthcare industry globally, with disruption in the treatment of non-communicable diseases. Challenges exist in providing effective care.
- Realizing the disturbing healthcare trends, governments globally are making efforts to provide excellent quality healthcare to patients globally. Nationwide lockdowns, canceled or postponed elective surgeries, denied wound care services, rise in skin injuries as part of COVID-19, the market is expected to show a decline during the forecast timeline. However, on the flip side, the latter half of the forecast is predicted to show a drastic rise.
Top impacting factors: Market Scenario Analysis, Trends, Drivers and Impact Analysis
The rise in prevalence of cardiovascular diseases globally is projected to propel the growth of the market. Cardiovascular disorders like atrial fibrillation (AFib), is one of the major factors leading to irregular heartbeats, which is referred to as arrhythmia. Thus, the rise in incidence of disorders worldwide will enhance the expansion of the market. AFib is the most common arrhythmia which is treated in clinical practices.
Rise in adoption of therapeutics for treatment in intensive care units for patients with acute arrhythmias has been witnessed to be one of the major growth factors for the market. According to the National Center for Biotechnology Information (NCBI), atrial fibrillation is commonly observed in medical intensive care units (MICU), nearly 30% of the MICU patients witnessed showing periods of atrial fibrillation. Cardiac arrhythmias are usual complications in ICUs, with high reported cases as 40%. Amongst the common disorder states observed in severely ill patients, including pulmonary and cardiac diseases, are the factors that threaten the development of arrhythmias, making management and recognition in the ICU virtually important. This is witnessed to be one of the most prominent factors anticipated to augment the growth of the market across the forecast timeframe.
Adverse effects due to antiarrhythmic drugs might hamper the growth of the market. Mexiletine, flecainide, propafenone, quinidine, and procainamide are class I antiarrhythmic drugs that are used for treating different types of ventricular and atrial arrhythmias. Despite the advantage of these drugs, certain side effects when used the antiarrhythmic drugs, like central nervous system toxicity, cardiovascular toxicity, gastrointestinal symptoms, and immune-mediated reactions, etc.
They may restrict the market potential significantly.
North America is dominated the Critical Care Antiarrhythmic Drugs Market globally because of the rise in investments from the public as well as private players and the contribution of core market leaders for enhanced Critical Care Antiarrhythmic Drugs. It accounted for a prominent share in the Critical Care Antiarrhythmic Drugs market globally in terms of revenue, due to increase in R&D activities in the region.
Asia-Pacific followed by Europe is witnessed lucrative growth and holds a notable share in the market owing to the rapid increase in the number of experiments to adopt new medications for different diseases as well as the digitalization of laboratories.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the global critical care antiarrhythmic drugs market along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with a detailed analysis of the global critical care antiarrhythmic drugs market share
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the global critical care antiarrhythmic drugs market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed global critical care antiarrhythmic drugs market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Questions Answered in the Report
- What are the leading market players active in the critical care antiarrhythmic drugs market?
- What current trends will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Report Tag: Antiarrhythmic Drugs Market, Critical Care Antiarrhythmic, Critical Care Drug Market
Critical Care Antiarrhythmic Drugs Market Report Highlights
By Industry Vertical
Key Market Players
Sanofi, Baxter International Inc., GlaxoSmithKline plc, Mylan N.V., Mayne Pharma, Pfizer Inc. Upsher-Smith Laboratories, LLC., Novartis AG., Amomed Pharma GmbH