Cross-Connect System Market Research, 2031
The global cross-connect system market was valued at $2.5 billion in 2021, and is projected to reach $7.1 billion by 2031, growing at a CAGR of 11.1% from 2022 to 2031.
The term cross connect represents the cabling necessary to establish a direct link between two separate hardware units in a data center. It allows the owners of the units to establish a private network link and eliminate the need to connect using the internet. Collocation providers typically provide tenants only with a connection to the main distribution frame. This connection is established by linking the patch panel in the tenant's enclosure with another patch panel that mirrors the ports of the original panel. The second patch panel for each tenant sits in the Meet-Me Room (MMR). If two tenants wish to establish a direct connection between their enclosures, they may ask the colocation owner to provide a cross-connect, i.e., to use a patch cable to connect their respective patch panels in the MMR.
The cross-connect system market is segmented into Type and Application.
By type, the market is divided into fiber, CAT cables, COAX and others. The fiber segment was the highest revenue contributor to the market in 2021.
By application, it is segmented into connectivity and protection switching & network restoration. The connectivity segment was the highest revenue contributor to the market in 2021.
Region wise, the cross connect system market trends are analyzed across North America (the U.S. and Canada), Europe (UK, Germany, France, Italy and rest of Europe), Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea and rest of Asia-Pacific), and LAMEA (Latin America, the Middle East, and Africa).
Cross Connect Network offers numerous advantages compared to standard ISP connections. From increased security and data loss protection to performance improvements, cross connects present the best connectivity solution for a wide range of use cases. Using cross connects simplifies the network topology and eliminates many potential points of failure commonly found in public networks. Therefore, cross connections are much more reliable for organizations that cannot afford server downtime.
Significant factors that impact growth of the cross-connect system market size include surge in usage in datacenters. Moreover, emergence of internet of things (IoT) is expected to drive the cross-connect system market growth. However, rise in concerns related to high installation cost might hamper the cross-connect system industry. On the contrary, rise in investments in optical fiber cable (OFC) network infrastructure offers potential growth opportunities for the cross-connect system market share.
The cross-connect system market analysis and profiles of the major players, such as Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd., Optiwave Systems Inc., Fujitsu Ltd., Sercalo Microtechnology Ltd., Xros Inc., ZTE Corporation, CommScope, Equinix, Inc., CoreSite and Cyxtera Technologies Inc are provided in this report.
Key Benefits For Stakeholders
- This report provides a quantitative analysis of the market segments, current trends, estimations, and dynamics of the cross-connect system market analysis from 2021 to 2031 to identify the prevailing cross-connect system market opportunity.
- The market research is offered along with information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities.
- Porter's five forces analysis highlights the potency of buyers and suppliers to enable stakeholders make profit-oriented business decisions and strengthen their supplier-buyer network.
- In-depth analysis of the cross-connect system market outlook assists to determine the prevailing market opportunities.
- Major countries in each region are mapped according to their revenue contribution to the global market.
- Market player positioning facilitates benchmarking and provides a clear understanding of the present position of the market players.
- The report includes the analysis of the regional as well as global cross-connect system market trends, key players, market segments, application areas, cross-connect system market forecast and market growth strategies.
Cross-Connect System Market Report Highlights
Market Size By 2031
USD 7.1 billion
CAGR of 11.1%
2021 - 2031
Key Market Players
CommScope, Optiwave Systems Inc., CoreSite, Xros Inc., Cyxtera Technologies Inc., Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd., Equinix, Inc., ZTE Corporation, Fujitsu Ltd., Sercalo Microtechnology Ltd.
Cross connects are a convenient and hassle-free way to improve the quality of the service. Cross connects are also used to connect to other data center facilities within a data center campus setting. This is referred to as an intracampus cross connect. They are used to connect the colocation racks in one data center to a campus of data centers. It works by connecting an aggregation point inside one data center to an aggregation point inside another data center. With intracampus cross connects, there is no need for switching or routing. The connection speed is very fast as it is a private connection for moving data over short distances.
The key players profiled in the report include cross connect system market players, such as Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd., Optiwave Systems Inc., Fujitsu Ltd., Sercalo Microtechnology Ltd., Xros Inc., ZTE Corporation, CommScope, Equinix, Inc., CoreSite and Cyxtera Technologies Inc.