The cap of a crown is the cap which fills the inner space of a modern crown. While ancient crowns contained no cap, from mediaeval times it became traditional to fill the circlet with a cap of velvet or other such cloth, with a base of ermine. Metal caps and closures are predominantly used in the pharmaceutical sector as they are sterile and usually comprise of layered material. Metal caps made of steel and aluminum are mainly applied in the sector. In addition, aluminum can be highly customizable—natural or colored, plain or embossed. Thus, pharmaceutical packaging can be supplied according to the consumers’ requirements.
COVID-19 Impact analysis
- In the wake of the COVID-19 lockdown resulting in financial losses for the industry that contributes about 20-40% of a state's revenue. The re-opening of liquor shops globally amidst the lockdown is expected to boost the crown caps market, which had a negative impact due to the outbreak of COVID-19.
- Due to COVID-19, there was a growth in wine consumption frequency with the shift to at-home occasions more than compensating for the loss of on-premise occasion. This has further augmented the market growth.
Top Impacting Factors
The international market for crown caps is marked by the presence of cap producers with capabilities to manufacture a varied range of caps & closures for end use industries such as food & beverages. Crown caps are extensively used in the packaging of glass bottles to put a stop to spillage of the content stored. Crown caps are accessible in materials like tin and aluminum to cater the application needs. The producers characterized the crown caps by presenting the range of color and sizes to meet the requirements of the end users. Crown cap has a crown shape and have teeth on its edge to properly package the bottle. Crown caps are fiddle evident caps, in which on first opening cannot be resealed effortlessly. These caps make certain tamper evidence along with the avoidance of spillage.
- Crown caps find use across carbonated soft drinks, energy drinks, and alcoholic beverages. Among alcoholic beverages, beer happens to be the prominent end-user with major beer packages using crown caps for sealing their bottles and cans. As long as, considering food, niche applications on sauce bottles, seasoning and condiments bottles, all differing based on regional/country level availability/preference. Furthermore, the usage of aluminum as material from crown applications across the wine industry is becoming predominant in terms of on par insulation for the wine from oxygen and cost benefits in comparison to cork.
- For example, according to the Aluminum Closures Group, the use of aluminum closures in the wine industry shows an upward trend, with more than 30% of the global bottled still wine now anticipated to be sealed using aluminum. Further, primary preference for crown caps and closures is because of its ease of disposal, recycling advantages, and increased shelf life. The beverage industry is the prominent users are showing trends of the potential increase in adoption for the same in soft drink/carbonated drink segment. Development of the microbrew beer canning is anticipated to expand the studied market further. Crown caps are helping the craft beer manufacturer to maintain a higher quality and premium look when served in a glass pint.
- As consumers' non-alcoholic beverage choices have widened with other than carbonated soft drinks, carbonated juices, and sparkling water, have gained momentum in the past few years. Various flavors have been added, thus offering a potential market for crown caps shortly.
- Soft drinks, however, hold a prominent share of the market studied, owing to the popularity of such drinks over the world. Soft drinks offer an extensive variety of flavors and formats, with something to suit every drinking occasion. According to Unesda, low-calorie, sugar-free beverages currently account for up to 30% of sales in many European markets.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the Crown Caps industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the Crown Caps market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the Crown Caps market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed Crown Caps market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years
Questions answered in the Crown Caps Report
- Who are the leading market players active in the Crown Caps market?
- What current trends will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What future projections would help in taking further strategic steps?
- Upcoming Report specific FAQs Examples: Can be utilized randomly 4-5 FAQs per RD OR other from own suggestions, suitable for upcoming report.
- What is " Crown Caps "?
- what does " Crown Caps " allow organizations to achieve?
- which technologies combine to make " Crown Caps " a critical organizational asset?
- What is " Crown Caps " Market prediction in the future?
- Who are the leading global players in the " Crown Caps " Market?
- What are the current trends and predicted trends?
- What are the challenges faced in the " Crown Caps " Market?
- What are the key benefits of the " Crown Caps " Market report?
- What will be the anticipated growth rates for your own Crown Caps Market economy altogether and also for every segment inside?
- Which will be the niches at which players profiling with recent advancements should set a presence?
- What are the driving factors and opportunities in the market?
Crown Caps Market Report Highlights
By Product Type
Key Market Players
Guala Closures Group (Italy), Silgan Holdings Inc. (U.S.), Berry Plastics Corporation (U.S.), Reynolds Group Holdings Limited (New Zealand), BERICAP GmbH Co. & KG (Germany), Amcor Limited (Australia), Crown Holdings Inc. (U.S.), Group Plc (U.K.), Rexam PLC (U.K.), AptarGroup Inc. (U.S.)