Cruciate ligaments also called cruciform ligaments are a pair of ligaments that support the bones of the knees. A surgical tissue graft is utilized in cruciate ligament repair surgery to replace the injured cruciate muscles. The synovial fluid between the knee joint begins drying out as age progress, this causes higher friction of the bones, ligament, and cartilage and leads to arthritis and other complications which generate the need for knee replacement procedures. Moreover, ligaments connected to the bones become more constrained and less flexible. These factors are anticipated to boost the market growth for cruciate ligament repair procedures among the geriatric population.
COVID-19 Impact analysis
COVID-19 is an infectious disease that originated in Hubei province of the Wuhan city in China in late December. The highly contagious disease, caused by a virus, severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2), is transmitted from human to human. Since the outbreak in December 2019, the disease has spread to almost 213 countries around the globe with the World Health Organization declaring it a public health emergency on March 11, 2020.
There has been an increase in the demand for medical supplies to take care of infected population. Respiratory support devices such as atomizers, life-support machines, oxygen generators, and monitors are among the majorly used medical devices in primary clinical treatment. Moreover, COVID-19 has led to a huge surge in demand for medical supplies such as personal protective equipment including masks, gloves, and protective eyeglasses. There is an increase in the need for medical supplies, both from healthcare professionals and civil population for precautionary measures, owing to the rise in number of COVID-19 cases worldwide. Manufacturers of these products have a chance to capitalize this increased demand for medical supplies to ensure adequate and continuous supply of personal protective equipment in the market. Therefore, COVID 19 is expected to have a significant impact on the cruciate ligament repair procedures market.
Top Impacting Factors
- An increase in cases of sports-related injuries, a surge in geriatric populations, rise in demand for minimally invasive procedures & advanced treatment and procedures are factors that drive the growth of the cruciate ligament repair procedures market.
- In addition, increase in healthcare expenditure; availability of skilled professionals; collaborations & partnerships between key players; rise in R&D activities to improve quality treatment procedures; and technological developments are some factors, which boost the market growth for cruciate ligament repair procedures.
- However, low reimbursement rates and the high cost of knee-related surgeries hinder the cruciate ligament repair procedures market growth.
- Contrarily, favorable reimbursement policies and support from the government for regulatory approval present new pathways in the industry.
Cruciate Ligament Repair Procedures Market Trends
New product launches to flourish the market
In September 2020, a novel, easy-to-use staple line reinforcement device was launched by Ethicon, part of Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies, for thoracic, bariatric, and general surgery.
In June 2019, for the development of a novel placental tissue product to treat painful musculoskeletal conditions, Bioventus collaborated with MTF Biologics.
In February 2018, Orthotaxy was acquired by Johnson & Johnson, to produce an advanced robotic-assisted surgery platform in orthopedics.
In December 2020, marketing authorization was granted by U.S. FDA to the Bridge-Enhanced ACL Repair (BEAR) Implant from MIACH Orthopaedics, Inc., under the De Novo premarket review pathway for patients showing a complete rupture of the anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) at least 14 years of age.
Surge in usage in sports injuries treatment
The growing cases of sports injuries, increase in aging populations, rising demand for minimally invasive procedure and advance treatment and procedures drive the growth of cruciate ligament repair procedures market. Additionally, expanding healthcare expenditure, increasing availability of skilled professionals, collaborations and partnerships between key players, increasing R & D to, and technological development are some factors which upsurge the market growth of cruciate ligament repair procedures market.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the cruciate ligament repair procedures industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the cruciate ligament repair procedures market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the cruciate ligament repair procedures market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the cruciate ligament repair procedures market.
- The report provides a detailed cruciate ligament repair procedures market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years
Questions answered in the cruciate ligament repair procedures Report
- Which are the leading players active in the cruciate ligament repair procedures market?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities of the cruciate ligament repair procedures market?
- What future projections would help in taking further strategic steps?
- What is "Cruciate ligament repair procedures"?
- What is "Cruciate ligament repair procedures" Market prediction in the future?
- Who are the leading global players in the "Cruciate ligament repair procedures" Market?
- What are the current trends and predicted trends?
- What are the key benefits of the "Cruciate ligament repair procedures" Market report?
Cruciate Ligament Repair Procedures Market Report Highlights
By Procedure Type
By End User
Key Market Players
Medtronic, Integra Lifesciences Holding Corporation, Zimmer Biomet, DJO Global, Arthrex Inc., Stryker Corporation, Tissue Regenix Group Plc, Smith and Nephew, CONMED Corporation, DePuy Synthes