Culture media is used in microbiological laboratories and research centers to grow and control microbes. The media is composed of different nutrients that are essential for microbial growth.
The major factors that contribute to the growth of the market include increasing incidence of chronic disease and a rising demand for indication-specific line of treatment. In addition, rising geriatric population coupled with increasing application of culture media in food analysis, environmental analysis, and industrial applications also fuel the market growth. However, high costs associated with the preparation of different types of media culture restrains the market growth.
The global culture media market is segmented based on media type, end user, and region. On the basis of type the market is divided into dehydrated culture media, prepared culture media, and chromogenic culture media. Based on end user, it is categorized into hospitals, diagnostic centers, and academic & research institutes. By region, the market has been analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
The key players that operate in this market include ThermoFisher Scientific Inc., Bio-Rad Laboratories Inc., Becton, Dickinson and Company, EIKEN CHEMICAL Co. Ltd., Scharlab S.L., Merck KGaA, bioMrieux SA, HiMedia Laboratories Pvt Ltd., and Neogen Corporation.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the global culture media market with current trends and future estimations to elucidate imminent investment pockets.
- The report provides information about the current and upcoming trends in the global culture media market from 2016 to 2023, which helps determine prevailing opportunities.
- Comprehensive analysis of factors that drive and restrict the growth of the global culture media market has been provided.
- Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenario, rise in opportunities, and identification of key companies that can influence this market on a global and regional scale has been provided.
- Key market players within the market have been profiled in this report and their strategies thoroughly analyzed, which help understand the competitive outlook of the global culture media market.
Culture Media Market Key Segments:
By Media Type
- Dehydrated Culture Media
- Prepared Culture Media
- Chromogenic Culture Media
By End User
- Diagnostic Centers
- Academic and Research Institutes
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of LAMEA