In 3D printing, a layer-by-layer addition method is used to produce physical objects from a 3D digital file. This technology is expected to meet the growing demands of advanced medical care by providing modified medical devices. In addition, it enables surgeons to plan surgeries, which reduces the operative jeopardies involved during complex processes, risk of infection, and reduces the duration of exposure to anesthesia. Moreover, this technology has transformed preclinical drug testing by enabling testing on 3D printed organs.
Numerous technological advancements in the 3D printed implants such as Cyborgian that has porosity similar to that of human bone and therefore can be used in osseointegration predominantly drives the market. In addition, increase in healthcare expenditure, rise in R&D investments, rapid expansion of customer base, and increase in scope of biomedical applications boost the market growth. However, factors such as high cost of the printers is expected to hinder the growth of the market. In addition, development of advanced 3D printers provides various opportunities for the market growth.
The custom 3D printed implants market is segmented on the basis of products, components, end user, and region. According to products, the market is bifurcated into cranial plates and hip joints. Based on the components, the market is divided into system/device, materials, and service. According to the end users, the market is classified into medical and surgical centers, pharma and biotech companies, and academic institutions. By geography, it is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
Key players profiled in the report include 3D Systems Corporations, Stratasys Ltd., SLM Solutions Group AG, Envision TEC, Arcam AB, Organovo Holdings, Inc., Oxford Performance Materials, Inc., Materialise NV, Bio3D Technologies, and Cyfuse Medical K.K.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the market along with the current trends and future estimations to elucidate the imminent investment pockets.
- It presents a quantitative analysis from 2016 to 2023 to enable stakeholders to capitalize on the prevailing market opportunities.
- Extensive analysis of the market by type elucidates the regional trends.
- Key players and their strategies are analyzed to understand the competitive outlook of the market.
Custom 3DPrinted Implants Market Key Segments:
- Medical and Surgical Centers
- Pharma and Biotech Companies
- Academic Institutions
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of LAMEA