Cut to length line system is a very important factor in any manufacturing industry. Cut to length line system is required where the cutting of material needs to be done. In The material which is to be used for further processes is cut in specific dimension according to the requirements. Cut to length line system performs various processes, which come under material cutting. It can also be used to stack different types of coils. Further, a wide range of cut to length line system is available in the market.
COVID-19 scenario analysis:
- The demand for cut to length line system is expected to decrease in 2020 due to low demand from different industries, such as manufacturing and automobile,owing to the lockdown imposed by governments of many countries.
- COVID-19 pandemic has shut-down the production of various products in the cut to length line system industry, mainly owing to the prolonged lockdown in major global countries. This has hampered the growth of the cut to length line system market significantly from last the few months and is likely to continue during 2020.
- COVID-19 has already affected the sales of equipment and machinery in the first quarter of 2020 and is likely to cause a negative impact on the market growth throughout the year.
- The major demand for equipment and machinery was previously noticed from giant manufacturing countries, including the U.S., Germany, Italy, the UK, and China, which have been badly affected by the spread of coronavirus, thereby halting the demand for equipment and machinery.
- Further, potential impact of the lockdown is currently vague and financial recovery of companies is totally based on its cash reserves. Equipment and machinery companies can afford a full lockdown only for a few months, after which the players would have to modify their investment plans.
- Equipment and machinery manufacturers must focus on protecting their workforce, operations, and supply chains to respond toward immediate crises and find new ways of working after COVID-19 infection cases start to decrease.
Top impacting factors: Market scenario analysis, trends, drivers, and impact analysis
Cutting of material is one of the most important processes in the manufacturing of any product or component. If the material is not cut in proper dimension or in proper shape, it affects the overall shape and size of the final product. Therefore, manufacturing companies use different options for cutting of materials. Manual cutting of material is a very time consuming process and sharp edges are very difficult to cut manually. To overcome this problem, many companies use cut to length line system for cutting of material to cut in accurate dimension without more wastage of the material. Different types of processes can be done by the cut to length line system such as cross cutting to length, straightening, measuring, and uncoiling. It is also used to stack different types of coils such as stainless steel coils, aluminum coils, tinplate coils, and carbon steel coils.
Operational functions, such as edge trim and cut sheet leveling, can also done with the help of cut to length line system. Accurate shearing and feeding of the material are ensured by using cut to length line system. Different types of cut to length line system are available such as manually controlled system or programmable logical control (PLC) system. The control system of cut to length line is selected according to the need and preference of the customer. It has information about the length to be cut, shearing speed, and the numbers, which act as an input to the human machine interface (HMI). The system also includes shaft feeder controlled by PLC. Once the line reaches the desired shearing number, it stops automatically and the material gets cut according to predefined dimension. The line speed is adjusted according to the need. Cutting of a material is considered to be one of the most important processes in manufacturing of any component. This could be the key driving factor for the growth of the cut to length line system market.
Furthermore, the cut to length line machine consists of various components for smooth working of the machine. It contains high precision gauge by which the line works automatically and produces smooth cut. Other components in cut to length line includes PLC controlled electrical system, pneumatic system, unloading table, shearing machine, gauge table, straightening machine, width adjustor device, and de-coiler.
New product launch
Many companies in the cut to length line system market develop and introduce new products in the market. These products are technologically more advanced than the previous range of their products. For example, in May 2019, Heinrich Georg GmbH Maschinenfabrik, one of the key players in the market launched advanced version of the existing lathe termed an Ultraturn lathe. This machine requires only one operator to perform the taskand eliminates the need of multiple operators.
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the cut to length line system market along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the cut to length line system market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the cut to length line system market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Cut to Length Line System Market Report Highlights
By Product Type
By End-Use Industry
Key Market Players
Bollinasrl, Burghardt+Schmidt GmbH, ACL MACHINE CO., LTD, Heinrich Georg GmbH, ATHADER S.L., Dimeco Group, Bradbury Co., Inc., COE Press Equipment Corp., ARKU GmbH, ANDRITZ AG, Delta Steel Technologies