Cyclamate Market Outlook – 2030
Cyclamate is the sodium or calcium salt of cyclamic acid, which is prepared by reacting the base of cyclohexylamine with either sulfamic acid or sulfur trioxide. It was accidentally prepared by a graduate student named Michael Sevda at the University of Illinois in 1937. After that in 1940, DuPont obtained a patent for its production, and in 1950, it was available for consumers. Cyclamate is about 30-50 times sweeter than sucrose (table sugar) so, its major applications are found in the food and beverages sector. Cyclamate is used in products such as cereals, biscuits, chocolates, and soft drinks. It is also an odorless white crystalline powder that is used as a nonnutritive sweetener. Cyclamate is not digested by human beings, so it gives no energy to the diet and is considered as nonnutritive sweetener.
COVID-19 Impact analysis
- North America, being the leading manufacturer of chlorine trifluoride, was badly affected by the COVID-19 pandemic, which has led to decline in the supply of chlorine trifluoride due to the economic crisis and labor shortage.
- Owing to the COVID-19 outbreak, national and international transportation has been hampered owing to restrictions imposed by governments of several nations. This has led to demand and supply disruptions.
- The cyclamate market is expected to be back on track owing to rising use of cationic surfactants in a variety of end-use industries including food and beverage, pharmaceuticals, cosmetics, and other end-user industries.
Top Impacting Factors
The major demand is driven by rising food & beverage consumption. It is expected to propel the growth of the global cyclamate market. Moreover, cyclamate has found crucial application in the pharmaceutical industry for the production of drugs. . Additionally, government concern on the healthcare sector in developing countries is expected to remain a key driver for global cyclamate market growth during the forecast years. In some of the countries application of cyclamate in food & beverages such as soft drinks, biscuits, fruit preserves, chocolates, tabletop sweeteners, and breakfast cereals is impacting the global cyclamate market growth positively. Cyclamate is now approved for use by Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and the European Food Safety Authority (EFSA) in countries such as Europe, Canada, and Australia.
- Consumption of energy drinks in developing economies of the Asia Pacific and Latin America is increasing and as the major application of cyclamate in beverages industry it is an opportunity for market players to expand business.
- In developing countries such as India and China, the utilization of cyclamate in cosmetic (lipsticks), and dental care (toothpaste) is expected to witness growth, which will help to increase the market share.
- The developing pharmaceutical sector is the opportunity for the growth of the cyclamate market eventually due to cyclamate use in the production of medications.
- Productos Aditivos company has developed a new product KEMTA in April 2019, which is expected to increase the cyclamate consumption in the market.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the Cyclamate Market industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the Cyclamate Market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the Cyclamate Market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed Cyclamate Market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years
Questions answered in the Cyclamate Market Report
- Who are the leading market players active in the Cyclamate Market?
- What current trends will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What future projections would help in taking further strategic steps?
- Which Government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
- What are the key barriers to enter for the new players in the market?
- What value proposition should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
Cyclamate Market Report Highlights
By End use
Key Market Players
Regulatory Agencies, Flavoring Agents, Analytical Testing Laboratories, Food Additive Suppliers, Artificial Sweetener Manufacturers, Consumer Goods Manufacturers, Food and Beverage Processors, Flavor and Fragrance Manufacturers, Food Scientists, Food, Beverage and Pharmaceutical Companies