Cyclosporine is an immunosuppressant medicine and natural product administered via injection and mouth into veins for the treatment of rheumatoid psoriasis, arthritis, nephrotic syndrome, Crohn's disease, and in organ transplants to prevent rejection. In addition, it is used as eye drops for dry eyes. Ciclosporin was extracted from the fungus Tolypocladium inflatum, and was eventually used for medicinal purposes.
The global cyclosporine market has witnessed significant growth, owing to its widespread use in the medical industry as an oral medicine to treat inflammation in rheumatoid arthritis and psoriasis. In addition, it is used to prevent rejection of an organ transplant, which fuels its demand, thereby supplementing the market growth. However, health concerns associated with cyclosporine such as kidney problems, high blood pressure, gum diseases tremors, and increased body hair hamper the market growth.
The global cyclosporine market is segmented based on type, application, and geography. On the basis of type, the market is bifurcated into pills and oral liquid. Applications covered in the study include hospitals and clinics. Geographically, the market is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
The major players operating in the global market are focusing on key market strategies such as mergers, acquisitions, collaborations, and partnerships.
Some of the key players in the global market include:
- Herantis Pharma
- Mimetogen Pharmaceuticals
- Mitotech SA
- Otsuka Pharmaceutical
- Regenerx Biopharmaceuticals Inc.
- Santen Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.
- UNITED BIOTECH (P) LTD.
- This report provides a quantitative analysis of the current trends, estimations, and dynamics from 2016 to 2023 to assist to identify the prevailing market opportunities.
- Major countries in each region are mapped according to the individual market revenue.
- The region-wise and country-wise market conditions are comprehensively analyzed.
- This study evaluates the competitive landscape and the value chain analysis to understand the competitive environment across geographies.
- An in-depth analysis of each segment of the market is provided, to assist the prevailing market opportunities.
Cyclosporine Market Key Segments:
- Oral Liquid
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA