Cystic fibrosis is a genetic (autosomal recessive) disorders, which majorly affects lungs and other body parts such as pancreas, liver, and kidney. It is caused by the mutation in the cystic fibrosis transmembrane conductance regulator (CFTR) gene. This gene is located in chromosome number 7, and is responsible for the regulation of sweat, mucus, and body secretions. However, mutation of this gene leads to absence of CFTR activity, which in turn results in loss of chloride and alters the protein structure. Patients experience difficulty in breathing, mucus formation, fatty stool, and difficulty in the passageway of the pancreas, bile duct, intestine, & salivary gland. Cystic fibrosis is diagnosed by the use of sweat test and genetic testing. Physical therapy is used for the treatment of cystic fibrosis that helps in the reduction of mucus formation and fight against infections of an organ. In addition, treatment of cystic fibrosis includes the use of drugs such as Pulmozyme, Kalydeco, and others. These drugs are administered to the patient by different routes such as oral and by inhalation.
The global cystic fibrosis therapeutics market is expected to witness significant growth during the forecast period majorly due to availability of personalized drug therapy & molecular prosthetics for the treatment of cystic fibrosis. Furthermore, rise in prevalence of cystic fibrosis and surge in awareness about cystic fibrosis across the globe. Moreover, rise in R&D investments made by government in the healthcare sector drives the growth of cystic fibrosis therapeutics market. However, high cost of the cystic fibrosis treatment and introduction of generic drugs hinder the growth of market. On the contrary, the introduction of various new drugs with better productivity and development of the healthcare R&D facilities are expected to create lucrative opportunities in the cystic fibrosis therapeutics market. Moreover, development of the healthcare industry and increase in R&D activities undertaken by key players are expected to boost the market growth during the forecast period. Furthermore, rise in prevalence of cystic fibrosis has generated need for newer and advanced therapeutics for its treatment. Hence, this has led to increase in number of pipeline drugs in the market, which is expected to provide remunerative opportunities for market expansion during the forecast period.
The global cystic fibrosis therapeutic market is segmented based on drug class, route of administration, top selling drug, and region. On the basis of drug class, the market is divided into pancreatic enzyme supplements, mucolytic, bronchodilators, and CFTR modulators. Depending on route of administration, it is classified into oral and inhaled. By top selling drug, the market is segregated into pulmozyme, Creon, kalydeco, cayston, azithromycin, tobramycin and others. Region wise, it is analyzed across North America (U.S., Canada, and Mexico), Europe (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, UK, and rest of Europe), Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, and rest of Asia-Pacific), and LAMEA (Brazil, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, and rest of LAMEA).
Key players operating in cystic fibrosis therapeutic markets are Genentech, Inc., Novartis AG, Gilead Sciences, Inc., Vertex Pharmaceuticals Incorporated, AbbVie Inc., GlaxoSmithKline Plc., Johnson & Johnson, Allergan plc, Pharmaxis Ltd., and Mylan N.V.
KEY BENEFITS FOR STAKEHOLDERS
- This report provides a detailed quantitative analysis of the current trends and estimations from 2019 to 2026, which assist to identify the prevailing market opportunities.
- An in-depth analysis includes analysis of various regions is anticipated to provide a detailed understanding of the current trends to enable stakeholders formulate region-specific plans.
- A comprehensive analysis of the factors that drive and restrain the growth of the global cystic fibrosis therapeutic market is provided.
- Region-wise and country-wise market conditions are comprehensively analyzed in this report.
- An extensive analysis of various regions provides insights that are expected to allow companies to strategically plan their business moves.
- Key market players within the cystic fibrosis therapeutic market are profiled in this report, and their strategies are analyzed thoroughly, which help in understanding competitive outlook of global market.
KEY MARKET SEGMENTS
By Drug Class
- Enzyme Supplements
- CFTR modulators
By Route of Administration
By Top Selling Drug
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA