Molecular cytogenetics, which is the combination of molecular biology and cytogenetics finds application in the field of biology and medicine. It is used to study the structural and functional organization of chromosomes and nucleus in medicinal and cancer-related genetics.
Increase in prevalence of chronic diseases such as cancer and genetic disorders, and focus on targeted cancer treatment majorly drive the market. In addition, increase in application of cytogenetics in clinical pathological testing boosts the market growth. However, high cost of advanced treatments and unfavorable reimbursement scenario restricts the growth.
The report segments the cytogenetics market based on type, technique, end-user, and geography. On the basis of type, the market is segmented into instruments and reagents, and kits. According to the technique, it is segmented into genomic in situ hybridization (GISH), fluorescence in situ hybridization (FISH), multicolour fluorescence in situ hybridization, comparative genomic hybridization (CGH), array comparative genomic hybridization, and other molecular cytogenetic techniques. By end-user, it is divided into pharmaceutical & biotechnology companies, clinical research laboratories, research & academic institutes, hospitals, and diagnostic centers. Geographically, it is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
The major key players operating in this market include Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., GeneDx, CytoTest Inc., Empire Genomics, Abbott Laboratories, Agilent Technologies, and PerkinElmer Inc.
Key Benefits for Stakeholders
- This report offers an extensive analysis of the current trends and emerging estimations through 2014-2022 of the global cytogenetics market, which assist to identify the prevailing opportunities.
- Comprehensive analysis of all geographical regions is provided, along with factors that drive and restrict the market growth.
- Quantitative analysis of the market from 2014 to 2022 is provided to showcase the financial scenario of the market.
- Region- and country-wise, the market conditions are comprehensively analyzed.
Cytogenetics Market Key Segments
- Reagents & Kits
- Genomic In Situ Hybridization (GISH)
- Fluorescence In Situ Hybridization (FISH)
- Multicolour Fluorescence In Situ Hybridization
- Multiplex Fluorescence In Situ Hybridization (M-FISH)
- Spectral Karyotyping (SKY)
- Comparative Genomic Hybridization (CGH)
- Array Comparative Genomic Hybridization
- Other Molecular Cytogenetic Techniques
- Pharmaceutical & Biotechnology Companies
- Clinical Research Laboratories
- Research & Academic Institutes
- Diagnostic Centers
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA