Cytology, often known as cytopathology or cell biology, is a branch of pathology that investigates cell composition, structure, and interactions between cells and their surroundings. It also studies cell structure, which aids in disease diagnosis. Human papillomavirus (HPV) is a group of 100 viruses that cause sexually transmitted infections (STIs) such as warts and, in rare cases, cancer.
These infections are typically spread by sexual intercourse or skin-to-skin contact. They affect the body's moist membranes, including the mouth, anus, vagina, throat, vulva, body's skin, bronchi, trachea, inner nose, and inner eyelids. The significance of early diagnosis and detection is not lost on them, as evidenced by increased usage of tests such as cytology and HPV testing.
COVID-19 Impact Analysis:
At the early phase of the COVID-19 pandemic, there was no availability of specific diagnostic tests to detect the disease in patients. Alternative diagnostic tests were used initially but were not much effective. This unavailability of specific COVID-19 diagnostic tests presented lucrative opportunities for diagnostic manufacturers to introduce their COVID-19 diagnostic kits. Many leading players as well as some start-ups from various countries utilized this opportunity and introduced COVID-19 diagnostics kits into local as well as global market. These players achieved an edge over other diagnostics players capitalizing the opportunity from the rise in demand for COVID-19 diagnostic tests, which, in turn, helps in maintaining their revenues in such a crisis. Owing to such factors, COVID-19 is expected to have a significant impact on the cytology and HPV testing market.
Top Impacting Factors:
- Increase in the incidence of HPV infections, cervical cancer, and weakening of the immune system of the population drives the global cytology and HPV testing market.
- The cytology and HPV testing market is being driven by factors such as the development of extremely sensitive and advanced analytical devices.
- Furthermore, the rise in the prevalence of high-risk kinds of HPV is expected to drive the cytology and HPV testing market over the forecast period.
- The surge in healthcare expenditure globally and continuous changes in the healthcare industry are expected to drive the cytology and HPV testing market.
- Furthermore, the increased awareness and technology improvements in the healthcare industry are pushing individuals to use high accuracy diagnostic tests, which are expected to drive the cytology and HPV testing market growth.
- The most significant restraints to the cytology and HPV testing market are a lack of sufficient healthcare infrastructure and the availability of outdated facilities in the majority of developing countries and rising economies.
New Product Launches to Flourish Cytology and HPV Testing Market
In March 2020, India-based Yashoda Hospitals launched an FDA-approved HPV DNA test to improve the early detection and prevention of cervical cancer in women in India.
In September 2020, Becton, Dickinson and Company submitted a Premarket Approval application to the FDA to approve the usage of Thin Prep Pap Test PreservCyt Solution vial along with its on clarity HPV Assay. With this PMA, the company aims to expand the usage of its on-clarity HPV Assay in the U.S. and improve patient management.
In January 2019, Nurx, introduced its Home HPV Screening test in the U.S., which enables women to identify their risk affordably and conveniently for cervical cancer from home.
Cervical cancer is one of the leading causes of death in women in the U.S., according to the American Cancer Society. Furthermore, the organization estimated that in 2016, roughly 12,990 women in the U.S. were diagnosed with cervical cancer, with 4,120 deaths occurring as a result of this disease. As a result, the rise in the prevalence of cervical cancer is expected to drive the cytology and HPV testing market during the forecast period.
Key Benefits of Report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the cytology and HPV testing along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the cytology and HPV testing market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the cytology and HPV testing market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed cytology and HPV testing market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Questions Answered in Cytology and HPV Testing Market Report:
- Who are the leading market players active in the cytology and HPV testing market?
- What current trends will influence the cytology and HPV testing market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the cytology and HPV testing market?
- What future projections would help in taking further strategic steps?
- What is Cytology and HPV Testing?
- What is the cytology and HPV testing market prediction for the future?
- Who are the leading global players in the cytology and HPV testing market?
- What are the current trends and predicted trends?
- What are the key benefits of the cytology and HPV testing market report?
Cytology and HPV Testing Market Report Highlights
By Test Type
By Product Type
By End User
Key Market Players
F. Hoffmann-La Roche AG, QIAGEN N.V., Becton, Arbor Vita Corporation, Abbott Laboratories Inc., OncoHealth Corporation, Cepheid Inc., Dickinson and Company, Fujirebio Diagnostics Inc., Hologic Inc.