The advent of online and mobile shopping, as well as a growth in culture of healthy snacking and increased consumption of ready-to-eat meals, have changed the way food is purchased and eaten. This, together with consumers' shift in lifestyles toward more health-conscious eating, is projected to have an impact on the market. Packaged food products have a higher acceptance rate, especially among the younger generation. Furthermore, the increase in importance of packaging materials in prevention of contamination and adulteration is expected to boost product demand. Dairy products are perishable, so suitable and effective packaging is required to make storage and transit easier.
COVID-19 Impact analysis
- The COVID-19 pandemic has had a primarily unfavorable impact on the dairy products packaging business.
- Market prospects have been harmed by low sales of yoghurt, ice cream, flavored milk, and cheese.
- The food service business has also been affected by the lockdown limitations. Furthermore, constraints on dairy farmers' transportation and logistics have harmed supply chains, limiting packaging applications.
- Market expansion is also projected to be hampered by liquidity and working capital issues. With continued economic uncertainties in the business, recovery is expected to be gradual.
Top Impacting Factors
- In addition, the demand for dairy packaging materials has grown as a result of rise in health concerns related to malnutrition.
- The market expansion is expected to be driven further by rise in demand for tiny packaging due to its convenience.
- Consumers and manufacturers both are concerned about the harmful impacts of plastics and other non-biodegradable packaging materials. As a result, businesses have moved toward biodegradable and environmental packaging options.
- Green packaging solutions are being used by manufacturers, which emphasize the use of thinner materials and encourage recycling.
Consumers Move toward a Healthy Lifestyle with Dairy Intake in their Diets
The global dairy packaging industry is being driven by increased disposable income and rising customer desire for dairy products. Some of the causes aiding the adoption of dairy-based packaging around the world include the increased availability of packaged dairy products through various retailing channels as a result of rising population and increasing consumer preference for protein-based goods. The popularity of smaller multipacks is growing, as is customer desire for yoghurt, ice cream, butter, and other foods, all of which are driving up packaging demand. Furthermore, manufacturers are concentrating their efforts on grabbing a significant share of the global market by delivering best-in-class international services.
Companies have Started to Adopt Green Packaging for Environmental Benefits
The Environmental Protection Agency (U.S.) and the European Commission have enforced severe laws aimed at reducing carbon dioxide emissions. As a result, dairy product makers increasingly use environment friendly packaging materials. As a result, eco-friendly plastic packaging is a good option for businesses who don't want to risk the product's shelf life without refrigeration. The three categories of environmentally friendly plastics are as follows: Bioplastics, Biodegradable plastics, Recycled plastics. To limit their environmental impact and protect natural resources, top dairy firms use eco-friendly packaging in response to mounting environmental concerns. Nestlé, for example, is trying to make all of its packaging recyclable or reused by 2026, which is expected to assist to reduce the company's carbon impact.
Small Packets and Packaging have gained more Popularity for its Ready-to-use Nature
Leading dairy firms are releasing products in tetra packs, glass bottles, clear tubs, and squeezable pouches, among other creative and convenient packaging options. Some vendors also sell yoghurt in PE-HD bottles with aluminum foil, laminated heat-seal closures, or PE-LD caps or lids to prevent oxidation and delay the fading of light-sensitive ingredients.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the dairy packaging industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the dairy packaging market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the dairy packaging market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed dairy packaging market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years
Questions Answered in the Dairy Packaging Market Research Report
- Which are the leading players active in the dairy packaging market?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What future projections would help in taking further strategic steps?
- What is "dairy packaging market" prediction in the future?
- Which will be the niches at which players profiling with recent advancements should set a presence?
- What are the driving factors and opportunities in the market?
- What are the current trends and predicted trends?
- What are the challenges faced in the "dairy packaging market"?
Dairy Packaging Market Report Highlights
By Raw Material
By Package Type
Key Market Players
Stora Enso Oyj, Saint-Gobain S.A., WestRock Company, Mondi Group, Bemis Company Inc, Saudi Basic Industries Corporation, TETRA PAK, Sealed Air Corporation, Huhtamaki Group, International Paper Company, Airlite Plastics